Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Girlfriend took iPod Nano
Beat 83 79.81%
Brag 1 0.96%
Variance 20 19.23%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Does the FT shuffler screw with anyone else\'s head?

Does the fact that each card is determined at the time it's needed screw with anyone else's head? Do you ever think 'Dammit! If I had waited 0.5 seconds longer to call the case 7 wouldn't have rivered' ? Basically, does the fact that your actions somehow affect the outcome of the hand WHILE THE HAND IS BEING PLAYED screw with anyone else? Or am I just crazy?
Old 03-27-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Does the FT shuffler screw with anyone else\'s head?

None of tzhe sites is real random, and a few love to create big games. Over the distance they might be random, but it makes more addicted to win / loose large ammounts of money than to play break even. Simple you are programmed hot or cold many times.

Poker is beatable but dont be surprised that a flopped FH heads up lose 4 times in a row. Like for me today !!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 04:36 PM

Barry Greenstien discussed something like this in his book Ace On The River. Suppose you register for a tournament a get your seat assignment. Lets say you decided to stop for gas that morning and ended up registering 5 minutes later then you meant too. The person who registered in your spot gets hit with the deck all day and wins the tourney. However, maybe you bust out in the first hand, then on a whim put a quarter in a slot machine and hit the jackpot. Point is, don't worry about things that you really can't control, because you have no idea what each of your actions will result in... just play as normal
Old 03-27-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry Greenstien discussed something like this in his book Ace On The River. Suppose you register for a tournament a get your seat assignment. Lets say you decided to stop for gas that morning and ended up registering 5 minutes later then you meant too. The person who registered in your spot gets hit with the deck all day and wins the tourney. However, maybe you bust out in the first hand, then on a whim put a quarter in a slot machine and hit the jackpot. Point is, don't worry about things that you really can't control, because you have no idea what each of your actions will result in... just play as normal

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol bs. Every1 nows pokers si teh rigged.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:40 PM

I didn't know that's how they did it until now.
Now it will bother me. You owe me on bankroll.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:29 AM

yeah i heard about it aswell
but still its the player who does the folding calling and raising so im not really bothered by this
Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 PM

That's why I won't play on full tilt. My results there were losing money. I never lost money in the long term anywhere else. I switched to stars, where their shuffling mimics that of a real deck of cards.

I figured something was up with full tilt and all the hype. I figured ripping off the players who deposited substantial money is the way they funded the full tilt pros. I can't prove it with math. But there were just so many bad beats where I had to be cased to lose, one after the other for months on end, I felt I was being scammed. Especially since whenever I switched back to stars, party, pacific, paradise, etc, I was immediately back to winning money again.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:09 PM

Hold on, I need to find my tinfoil hat.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:13 AM

Cant answer that question, because the cia has a keylogger on my keyboard that reads my brain, sending the results to the fbi, and the sexy chick on csi i want to root.

Has the OP ever thought 'if i wasted another .5 seconds to call, i might have been timed out, and had a zero chance of winning the pot?"
Old 04-02-2007, 01:06 PM

> Basically, does the fact that your actions somehow affect the > outcome of the hand WHILE THE HAND IS BEING PLAYED screw with > anyone else? Or am I just crazy?

I don't believe my actions affect the outcome of the hand. However I do believe there is something wrong with the FTP random number generator or "action hands" are being used.

I know everyone will quickly say "variance" but when you see the same crazy stuff happening over & over & over it really makes you wonder. i have seen more people loose to runner-runner straight, espically if there opponent flops a set.

4hand451

ps. the last tournament I busted out on FTP, i flopped a straight and my opponent hit running Ks for Quad Ks.