Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 09:09 AM

Default UltimateBet - no problems elsewhere?

With all the problems going on with UB in this forum lately, I was becoming a bit worried about my own funds. I know UB has more of a presence on pocketfives so I went to check out their forum. There isn't a single post there (at least that I could find) about UltimateBet confiscating funds. There was a thread discussing slow cash out times in which numerous players talked about how long it took for their checks/etc to arrive, but no account freezes, no bonus abuse claims, no bot claims, no nothing..

Some of the UB problems posted in this forum look extremely legitimate, so I'm just plain confused. What is causing UB to claim these players as bonus abusers/bots and why isn't this happening to posters in other forums?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: UltimateBet - no problems elsewhere?

I've heard nothing but bad things about UB
Old 04-04-2007, 10:24 AM

I've had absolutely NO problems with UB. I've cashed out several times and the money has gotten to me in a very reasonable time frame.

I can't speak for customer service though because I haven't needed to.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:51 AM

Frankly, I think they're great. Never had a problem, very accommodating, prompt payments. Good bonuses. Most efficient software. Even their CS has been fine as far as I'm concerned. I like them best of all the sites.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I think they're great. Never had a problem, very accommodating, prompt payments. Good bonuses. Most efficient software. Even their CS has been fine as far as I'm concerned. I like them best of all the sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

shill much?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Some of the UB problems posted in this forum look extremely legitimate, so I'm just plain confused. What is causing UB to claim these players as bonus abusers/bots and why isn't this happening to posters in other forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe 2p2 has way more web site traffic than other sites that stories like these are more likely to be found? 2p2 also has way more members than other forums? I'd like to know where the poker sites you mention ranks in terms of members and website traffic in comparison to 2p2.

Who knows what's going on really except UB. It's all a mystery right now and everyone's pretty much confused.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
shill much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unless I get paid to. Otherwise, I just respond to polite requests for firsthand experience.

How much have you lost on UB?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With all the problems going on with UB in this forum lately, I was becoming a bit worried about my own funds. I know UB has more of a presence on pocketfives so I went to check out their forum. There isn't a single post there (at least that I could find) about UltimateBet confiscating funds. There was a thread discussing slow cash out times in which numerous players talked about how long it took for their checks/etc to arrive, but no account freezes, no bonus abuse claims, no bot claims, no nothing..

[/ QUOTE ]

There was that incident with WPEX and the manager said that they had new tools to detect bots. Maybe UB really has caught some bots with the same tools? At peak times there are 22, 23 thousands players on UB, so you can't base a generalization upon 3 or 4 anecdotes about bad experiences which are posted here.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:06 PM

I got closed down for bonus abuse saying i was using bots. Honestly i had to ask someone what a bot was. UB is a joke. they wont respond to any of my emails after confiscating all my money and canceling my account.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:49 PM

UB has a complex bot detection method.

IF hours_played > averagecustomer_hours_played AND (Pts_to_cash_promo + deposit_bonus + affiliate_payment) > rake_paid THEN Sieze_funds

Since they continue to allow easily recognizable bots to play their tables, I can only assume they have a bot-friendly catchall of: If rake_paid > (deposit_bonus + pts_ to_cash + affiliate payment) THEN ignore_bot.