Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 10:44 AM

Default bailamos en el rio (3 hands, long)

Please keep in mind you don't have to comment on all 3 and can just talk about 1 hand.

All stars 10/20. I usually post a hand and expect some kind of grand conversation to come from it but it never does so hell, I'll post 3 and hope for a little love.

Hand 1

button opens, he's like the one guy who kinda has it together here. I 3-bet T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he calls.

Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises. Pretty easy 3-bet IMO because this is a free card spot more often than not, plus I want action later in the hand if he 2-pairs, etc.

Anyway he caps.

Turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or some blank.

At this point I think a turn bet is best. Now that I capped the flop he knows I've got a big hand so he should check behind a lot of mediocre holdings/1 pair hands, and I can bet/3bet my set vs. a hand like 22.

I bet, he calls.

River 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises.

Plz share your thoughts on the river play.

Hand 2

BB is SUPER aggro. Against players like this i take a very passive, c/c type line with any type of hand and c/r when I'm the champ. Comments on ALL streets here plz.

I have 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in sb. Folds to me an i open complete. Raising here = me getting 3-bet a LOT of the time and I really don't feel like bloating the pot. I think that he makes enough mistkes with bluff raising my donks and letting me c/r that open limping is fine here.

If you don't think so, then please let me know. If you do think so and want to discuss it that would be nice.

Anyway he raises obv.

Flop is AJ7.

I check/call.

His range went nowhere here. He bets anything he raises pf, including 56, so I think calling down here is good, right? I'll probably get away from the hand if the turn is a ten.

Turn 4.

Ok, looks like I should check call again, no? So i do that.

River 7.

Shippable cheddar. I check, he bets, I raise, he 3-bets. I call.

Anyway, all streets are up for grabs here. This is one of those hands I would rarely think twice about, except maybe pf, but I would like hear from you guys about. Please just don't post "standard" when you would never play the hand like that ever because I don't think it's standard and those posts make me put you on ignore.

Last one.

BB is unknown.

Folded to me in SB and I open Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. PBob has his K9o (aka BAD MUTHA) I have my Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. So obviously I raise. PF comments are appreciated here.

BB calls.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, BB calls. Ok pretty standard considering the flop.

Turn 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Weird card, I have a FD now. I bet out but I think a check/call might be good here. I feel like hands as poor as 9T raise this flop a lot in this game. I don't think this street really ever gets checked through. All checking does is make it tought to play a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] river, really.

But i bet. He insta raised. Like "ummm, does he have JT?" insta raised. I'm pretty sure I'm drawing to spades here. So i call.

River A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

And you...
Old 04-03-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: bailamos en el rio (3 hands, long)

Hand 1. Well, you're gonna puke if he caps your 3 bet but I think he could play 99, T9 and maybe 88 or 22 this way. QJs seems like a definite possibility but I think you're ahead enough to 3 bet.
edit: anybody like a sexy in hand 1. Very small possibility of inducing a bluff from a busted draw, he'll value bet most Ts and all his sets allowing us to get two bets in by c/r, and we never have to put 4 bets in.

Hand 3. I think checking that river is burning money. If he does have JT bettingd is the only way you're getting 3 bets in. If he has a crappy king, he's going to check behind here a lot and you're missing a lot of value.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:22 AM

River in 1 is super easy 3bet. If he happened to have QJ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] this time, whatever.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River in 1 is super easy 3bet. If he happened to have QJ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] this time, whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

i REALLY hate to ask this but what hands might you cap the flop with, call the turn and raise that river besides 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

and there's Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2007, 11:30 AM

nevermind I'm retarted
Old 04-03-2007, 11:31 AM

Hand 1:

This is a little confusing.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway he caps.

At this point I think a turn bet is best. Now that I capped the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevertheless, given your read ("villain has it togther") and that he played the hand like a draw I'm inclined to call the raise and note the action. 3/bet seems spewy, unless I'm over-valuing your read.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please keep in mind you don't have to comment on all 3 and can just talk about 1 hand.

All stars 10/20. I usually post a hand and expect some kind of grand conversation to come from it but it never does so hell, I'll post 3 and hope for a little love.

Hand 1

button opens, he's like the one guy who kinda has it together here. I 3-bet T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he calls.

Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises. Pretty easy 3-bet IMO because this is a free card spot more often than not, plus I want action later in the hand if he 2-pairs, etc.

Anyway he caps.

At this point I think a turn bet is best. Now that I capped the flop he knows I've got a big hand so he should check behind a lot of mediocre holdings/1 pair hands, and I can bet/3bet my set vs. a hand like 22.

I bet, he calls.

River 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

show him 3town, and obviously call if he takes you to puketown.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:41 AM

Hand 2:

I think the pre-flop play is good. Against this villain you're going to get another bet in pf a lot which is probably about the right price on the hand. You call for 3:1 and then he offers you 3:1 again. Against a holding like this, that is probably a mistake a good percentage of the time for a player like this.

Letting the aggro villain do the betting for you is definitely the way to go on that flop. He may adjust at some point, but until then this is the way to beat him. Size the pot to your hand. Sometimes you're best, sometimes he's got the best hand and sometimes you hit trips on the river.

The river is sweet and you go ahead and bloat when you're likely way ahead or have the cheese or are champ or whatever. nh.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:

This is a little confusing.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway he caps.

At this point I think a turn bet is best. Now that I capped the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevertheless, given your read ("villain has it togther") and that he played the hand like a draw I'm inclined to call the raise and note the action. 3/bet seems spewy, unless I'm over-valuing your read.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah i meant "the flop was capped", sorry
Old 04-03-2007, 11:45 AM

No problem. I'm a nit, I guess.