Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 03:54 AM

Default supersystem2 no limit section

i been playing doyle brunsons style of no limit in my cash games and i have been winning since. i didnt believe his style was correct because i use to lose so much trying to do it but after alot of hands playing no limtit holdem and re-reading his section i have become a much better player. I tried to play the cash game according to dan harringtons HOH1 but i was breaking even. I understand this is a tournament book but i heard alot of players say they done well in the cash games using the HOH1 style. Well i cant wait till harringtons cash game book comes out hopefully he will teach a more aggresive style then his semi conservative tournament style. I really believe you cant win no limit holdem with conservetive play you have to be in there betting but in a smart way. anyone have any comments, thanks.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: supersystem2 no limit section

does anyone else play according to doyle brunsons supersystem2 no limit holdem section ?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone else play according to doyle brunsons supersystem2 no limit holdem section ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. We want to win. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i been playing doyle brunsons style of no limit in my cash games and i have been winning since. i didnt believe his style was correct because i use to lose so much trying to do it but after alot of hands playing no limtit holdem and re-reading his section i have become a much better player. I tried to play the cash game according to dan harringtons HOH1 but i was breaking even. I understand this is a tournament book but i heard alot of players say they done well in the cash games using the HOH1 style. Well i cant wait till harringtons cash game book comes out hopefully he will teach a more aggresive style then his semi conservative tournament style. I really believe you cant win no limit holdem with conservetive play you have to be in there betting but in a smart way. anyone have any comments, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many hands have you played with each style?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:31 PM

ive played about 10,000 dan harringtons style and about 7000 doyles style.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:13 PM

Hmmm... What level are you playing at?

IIRC, the only real differance is Dan tells you how much to mix up your play - with a particular hand limp such and such, make small raises so often, make big raises so often.

Doyle gives you one line, but says over and over in throw-away side comments that you have to mix up your play when you are playing with skilled, aware opponents.

If you're playing micro & low level NL hold'em on-line, the opponents aren't aware enough to make mixing up your play +EV.

And so far as I know, they both tout a tight, aggressive, positionally aware game. I don't see such a huge differance.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:37 PM

I play 5/10$ well the main difference i see is that doyle loves medium low suited connectors like 87 or 67 and dan is not so crazy about them. doyle preaches play your suited connectors for a raise to break big pocket pairs dan says throw away suited connectors to a raise. Im not sure how dan plays his cash game style, maybe he has a different out look on small connectors.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:27 PM

You play $5/$10? And were a loosiong player over 10,000 hands?

OK, I'm done.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You play $5/$10?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would think he means buyins, not blinds.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:00 PM

i was up a little playing dans style and im up alot more playing doyles style.