Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 12:46 PM

Default ($50 NL) AKs In Position

I had been at the table for ~10 orbits when this hand came up. Villain and I didn't have any history to speak of and neither one of us had gotten out of line. He didn't seem that great.

Full Tilt $50NL 6-Max

Stacks:

Villain has $40
Hero Covers

Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the CO

UTG limps
Folds to Hero who raises to $2.25
Button Folds, SB Folds, BB calls $1.75, UTG folds.
(Pot $6.00)

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB calls $4
(Pot $14.00)

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets $12.50, Hero ??

Is anything but a fold horrible here? I'm pretty sure he would check CC the flop with middle pair or maybe even top TPNK. The only reason I didn't automuck is because I felt strongly at the time he would have led the flop with a FD.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: ($50 NL) AKs In Position

The problem here is what hand do you put him on? You don't want to pay off any flush draws that have come in, because that would make his chasing right. He might have something like Aclubs + Ksomething, or a hand of that ilk. It is down to the player and your reads. Readless I call this down and reevaluate on the river.

EDIT:: Actually it smells a lot like a very small made flush and he is looking to see if it is good or not. So I'd either fold or push.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:56 PM

I tend to aggree with roy, that it feels like a smaller flush that he feels the need to protect and not give a free card to a hand like AK with ace of clubs or something like that. I guess the biggest quesiton like everything in poker is how does he think and how deep is his thought process. Hard to find these things out on the internet.

Hand Questions like this are hard because there so player dependant, and know how he plays his strong made hands is huge piece of knowledge, and what he thinks is strong.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:36 PM

Id fold here your hand cant realy get any better on the river, and do you plan to call another PSB? I think KJ is in his range as well as the flush.

I dont know about villian trying to find out if his flush is good I mean I dont know about everyone else but I dont worry to much about flush over flush when its heads up. Is that a leak?
Old 03-28-2007, 02:51 PM

FOLD...Villain has committed half his stack and by calling the turn you will need to call another bet on the river getting close to 3 to 1 odds..