Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Canadian lobbying group website?

I remember seeing a full page add somewhere stating that they want to keep poker legal in Canada. Does anyone know the group's name? I want to get in touch with them and see if I can help out. I live in Ottawa myself and work on parliament hill.

Anyoe have a link? Name of organization?

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Canadian lobbying group website?

[ QUOTE ]
I remember seeing a full page add somewhere stating that they want to keep poker legal in Canada. Does anyone know the group's name? I want to get in touch with them and see if I can help out. I live in Ottawa myself and work on parliament hill.

Anyoe have a link? Name of organization?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't really need lobbying to kkep it legal. I beleive the governement is on record as saying online poker may be in a grey area/illegal but they have too many real problems to worry about it. Keep in mind Canada is the number one country in the world hosting poker servers and the Province of Alberta is considering passing laws making it legal.

It is worth keeping an eye of developments but its best to keep things quite. Our governement can't sneak laws by like they did in the US. Given the state that the current govenrment doesn't have a majority of seats in the house then I would say there is 0 chance of any laws being passed.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Canadian lobbying group website?

I think this is the link you are looking for:
http://www.savecanadianpoker.com/

This "keep it quiet" talk is BS. Have we learned nothing from the US? There are anti-gambling groups lobbying the government all the time. I keep seeing that bloody commercial on Canadian TV about people with gambling problems and the guy playing online poker: "THAT'S NOT FAIR!". You guys know the one I am talking about?

Canadian poker players should have their voices heard, and it is great that Mephisto who works on Parliament Hill is willing to do something about it.