Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Banned Poster Forum

How hard would it be to have a forum that all the banned posters could post in? Pretty much no rules. They can do whatever they want, post whatever they want, it doesn't matter.

It seems like some of the forums you have should have take care of this, like BB4life and OOT, but they are too "serious".

Put me as the moderator and I'll take care of these people for you. It seems like you waste too much time taking troublemakers seriously. And you view them as "ruining" your forums. And then you can more freely ban people, since they'll still be able to post.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Banned Poster Forum

Huh, ban them to stop them cluttering the forums and ruining the image of the forums, then let them continue to post, does not compute.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Huh, ban them to stop them cluttering the forums and ruining the image of the forums, then let them continue to post, does not compute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of like a school for special case students!

Worse idea than banning them in the first place.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the politics and off topic forums are really integral to 2+2's image and success, aren't they!
Old 03-25-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the politics and off topic forums are really integral to 2+2's image and success, aren't they!

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure that the off topic forums put together generate way more traffic to the site than all of the strat forums put together.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:11 PM

More hits ore more viewers?
Old 03-25-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure that the off topic forums put together generate way more traffic to the site than all of the strat forums put together.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is untrue. SSNL generates a huge amount of traffic. It's either #2 or #3 on the site.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How hard would it be to have a forum that all the banned posters could post in? Pretty much no rules. They can do whatever they want, post whatever they want, it doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the admins have specifically rejected the idea of a "no rules" forum in the past.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:20 PM

Did you ever think that they get banned for posting something that 2+2 thinks is offenssive and want no part of
Old 03-25-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you ever think that they get banned for posting something that 2+2 thinks is offenssive and want no part of

[/ QUOTE ]

From an outsider's view it seems that:

1) A lot of the forums on 2+2 are full of nonsense. If I were them running their business, I'd want no part of them, but I don't think it really matters. Is some rakeback advertiser going to no longer advertise because there are some jackasses posting in a politics forum? Is someone not going to buy Harrington on Holdem because there's some dude named Mickey who posted on two account?

2) Then the bannings and some of the moderators seem to be involved in petty time consuming squables. Maybe the mods like the power trip thing and maybe the banned posters like to cause the aggravation?

The whole thing is pretty funny; I'm just offering to add to the amusement.