Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Request: Restaurant recommendations in Dallas area

To steal the heading from the other guy: What are some can't miss restaurants in the Dallas area? Looking for quality food but not $50 a person fare. Am open to all types of food, except for Tex-Mex (I'm from SF bay area so I already get awesome mexican around here)

Thanks,

Fish
Old 03-26-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Request: Restaurant recommendations in Dallas area

Sushi Sake in Richardson is fantastic (though you probably get better overall sushi in the bay area).

Houston's either in Addison or at Preston Center is really good upscale American that won't break the bank.

If you want a great juicy burger, try Snuffer's (several locations).

Italian...my personal fave is Andiamo in Addison...though you can also try MoMo's (several locations) or Ferrari's (Addison).

I've had Bay Area Mexican before...and while there are some good places, I certainly wouldn't assume there would be nothing worth trying in Dallas. The fare is a little different here and very good (though not as good as New Mexico).

If you want the home run restaurant (though expensive), try Al Biernat's in Uptown. It's a French-infused steak and seafood place that is quality all the way...I've been there probably 15 times, ordered different things, and literally never had anything there that wasn't phenomenally good.

Oh, same area if you're looking for a good sandwich/salad type place for lunch...try Eatzi's. Everything there is exceptionally fresh.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:27 PM

Thanks Sammy!

Not trying to knock the Mexican down in Dallas but I'm never in the mood to have Mexican when I'm out of town.

Do you have a recommendation for a place that is about $25-30 a person? I'm in town on business but our company doesn't spend a ton on dinner.

Thanks, Fish
Old 03-26-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sushi Sake in Richardson is fantastic (though you probably get better overall sushi in the bay area).

Houston's either in Addison or at Preston Center is really good upscale American that won't break the bank.

If you want a great juicy burger, try Snuffer's (several locations).

Italian...my personal fave is Andiamo in Addison...though you can also try MoMo's (several locations) or Ferrari's (Addison).

I've had Bay Area Mexican before...and while there are some good places, I certainly wouldn't assume there would be nothing worth trying in Dallas. The fare is a little different here and very good (though not as good as New Mexico).

If you want the home run restaurant (though expensive), try Al Biernat's in Uptown. It's a French-infused steak and seafood place that is quality all the way...I've been there probably 15 times, ordered different things, and literally never had anything there that wasn't phenomenally good.

Oh, same area if you're looking for a good sandwich/salad type place for lunch...try Eatzi's. Everything there is exceptionally fresh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Snuffer's Lower Greenville is the best.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2007, 06:25 PM

Let's not make these threads a trend.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's not make these threads a trend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these should probably end up in El D's forum.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you have a recommendation for a place that is about $25-30 a person? I'm in town on business but our company doesn't spend a ton on dinner.

Thanks, Fish

[/ QUOTE ]

All the places I listed are equal or less than 30 per person except for Al Biernat's. Couldn't tell from that post, but if you're talking about Mexican food, my group of friends prefers Blue Goose (couple of locations), though I also enjoy Cozymel's (though they have those all over the place now, I think).

Oh, also, if you like cajun seafood, try Pappadeaux. They have them all over Texas, but I don't think they're in California. That's good eating...nice place, but not ridiculous or anything.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:00 PM

Try Bone Daddy's!

Like Hooters only better!!!
Great food, Good Prices and great looking waitresses!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:07 PM

Al Biernat's as mentioned is fantastic. Bob's Chophouse is right down the street and equally as good. A few minutes away there is Nobu which is fantastic, located at the Crescent hotel.

If you go to north Dallas there is III Forks, Bob's Chophouse again & The Keg. There are many others like Sullivan's but I just listed what I prefer.

If you like Korean, the best around is probably Naan which is in Preston Center in Plano. This is North Dallas. It is fantastic, great sushi as well. Bob's location in North Dallas is at Preston Center btw.

Preston Center is brand new and its concept is basically derived from the West Village which is closer to downtown, where I am assuming you will be. They have a great Asian place there called Tom Tom. Great food, great sushi here. There is a lot to do around here, there are shops, bars/wine bar, Magnolia theatre (plays indie films). These are all the same stuff Preston Center has but just closer to downtown. I am just giving a rec to a place to go during the day.

Sammy's Italian rec's are good.

Eatzi's really is good, do that as a lunch type thing. BTW Dirk eats there before every game so it has to be good, right? Another great sandwich place is The Great Outdoors, they are all over and there is one off of Greenville...I am mentioning this b/c it seems that this will be more towards your direction.

Some of the steakhouse's will be tough to go for less than 50 a person but they are worth it, Bob's is regarded as one or the 10 best in the country and imo it isn't the best in town. The Keg is fine dining, great bar and atmosphere that can be done for less than fifty a plate (Canadians ftw!). Nobu can't be done for less than fifty but its greatness needs to be mentioned as well as III Forks. Depending on what you get Naan will cut it close to the budget but it is feasible. I eat there for lunch all the time and it is $25-$30 (No sushi though). The Italian should be under fifty w/o wine. The sandwich shops are self-explanatory. Tom Tom will be less than fifty.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:08 PM

Sammy,

My friends are the bartenders at Blue Goose, they are big dreamers! (Plano site not Addison)