Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Omaha Books

I have to write a paper on Omaha for a Math and Games writing seminar. While I am really excited to write the paper, I need sources and I am not sure what the BEST books are to write a mathematical paper about Omaha. I am going to use Mathematics of Poker and TOP for the basic analysis, but what book would be the best for game/decision theory analysis pertinent to Omaha?

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Omaha Books

[ QUOTE ]
I have to write a paper on Omaha for a Math and Games writing seminar. While I am really excited to write the paper, I need sources and I am not sure what the BEST books are to write a mathematical paper about Omaha. I am going to use Mathematics of Poker and TOP for the basic analysis, but what book would be the best for game/decision theory analysis pertinent to Omaha?

Thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do sound excited, but your post doesn't make much sense.

If you want specific hands to analyze from a game theory standpoint, I'd pick Reuben, Slotbloom or Ciaffone's book.

There really aren't any game theory books that I know of that have a specific PLO example.

If you want the combination of the two, the only place in the whole wide world that combines the two is right here on good ole 2+2. But good luck citing this forum for a paper.

Also, what is the hypothesis that you are testing or in your field what sort of topic are you going to write about?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:51 PM

It is not really a hypothesis that I am testing, just a general overview of the game and the mathematics that are involved. Hand examples would probably help quite a bit so I will check one of those books out. I can always do my own analysis.

Sorry if my post didn't make sense and thanks for the help.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:51 PM

I looked through Science of poker by Mahmood in the bookstore and I think it had a pot limit omaha section.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:15 PM

Bob Ciaffone ....."Omaha Holdem Poker".
Gives what your looking for.
Pot limit
Limit
hi/lo pot and limit
odds
tournaments
quizes