Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 12:17 AM

Default .25/.50 Stud8 line check

Couple of points. Would you have raised 3rd street or just limp? Also I think 5th street is standard to try and knock out the other low who bricked.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (4.40 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (5.20 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___raises

6th Street - (9.20 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (11.20 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds

Total pot: (11.20 BB)
Old 03-24-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: .25/.50 Stud8 line check

I assume the 2s brought it in, and you completed. I like the raise on 3rd. I'm sorry to see the 2s gone, but you've got a good hand.

I'm not sure that I would fold the river. The pair of 5s might be good for half the pot if Seat 7 made a low. He bet 4th street as though he had a high hand, but he backed off on 5th.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:03 PM

The other guy check-raised fourth and bet every street after that. He slowed down on fifth when hero check-raised with his paired door card, but other than that, he kept his foot to the gas. There is no way that 55 is good here.

I think hero played this one pretty well.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The other guy check-raised fourth and bet every street after that. He slowed down on fifth when hero check-raised with his paired door card, but other than that, he kept his foot to the gas. There is no way that 55 is good here.

I think hero played this one pretty well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian puts his foot on the gas only after hero checks to him.

.25-.50 stud8 must be populated by peripatetic hold 'em players waiting for their $10 sit 'n goes to start -- paid-in-full members of the Cult of Betting.

55 == Golden.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.25-.50 stud8 must be populated by peripatetic hold 'em players waiting for their $10 sit 'n goes to start -- paid-in-full members of the Cult of Betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFL! The thing is I don't think your too far off. At this level it's people you just described, stud high players who think a pair of jacks are a great starting hand, or people who think chasing for half the pot is +EV. I am sure this describes most low limit Stud8 monkeys though. I will find out eventually I guess.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:11 AM

Villain's hand just screams 222. The reason he backed off on 5th was he plays penny stakes and is so scared of his own shadow that he thinks hero might actually have 555. You lose at least 95% of the time here.

I think I just checkcall 5th because I'm almost certain I have the worst of it and seat 3 with his board is basically dead money and I don't mind him staying in the hand. Otherwise I play it the same.