Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 05:04 PM

Default easy fold?

good loose aggro 30-60 game.

4 limpers, SB completes, I check 3d4d in BB.

Flop is Qx9d8d

Checked to EMP who bets, 1 raise and 2 cold callers and I muck. Easy?
Old 03-23-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: easy fold?

"2 cold callers"

flush outs could be gonzo, yea easy fold imo.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:42 PM

I don't think it's an "easy" fold, no, mostly because you are getting likely 7:1 with two streets to come. In a loose aggro game, people are going to cold-call with all kinds of garbage, and I would probably expect a 3-bet from a late position player with a good flush draw. There are a million other draws that could be out there - pair + gutshot, gutshot + BDSD, pair + overcard, etc... and loose players will cold-call with most of these.

That said, folding could very well be correct, I just think that it's close. A lot of it would depend on your read of the specific players and how they tend to play their draws.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:15 PM

This spot is one of the few in middle limit poker that I'm not 100% comfortable in. So often, people cold call here in these games with 9T, so the diamonds very well could be live. I normally muck, but will occasionally call.

That said, I think the best move is just to fold. You could wind up putting tons of bets into a pot where your outs aren't even clean. It's not really worth it; your edges lie elsewhere.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:20 PM

"That said, folding could very well be correct, I just think that it's close."

I agree it's very close, but if you call do you think over the long run its +EV ? That's the reason I would fold, given the situation, also alot of players cold call nut draws to get more people in on the flop opposed to raising, so you can't rule out one of the cold callers having the NFD here..
Old 03-23-2007, 07:28 PM

You can't have either a call or a fold as a default play in this situation,imo,because it's too close.I think you have to know how the players play & make a judgement at the table.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:43 PM

Brooks,
I like it a lot. Perfect spot to just fold and sit back and enjoy the action. If I wasn't playing my absolute best game I'd never make this fold though-- mostly because I'm obsessed with winning huge pots.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:58 AM

maybe not easy, but correct.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's an "easy" fold, no, mostly because you are getting likely 7:1 with two streets to come. In a loose aggro game, people are going to cold-call with all kinds of garbage, and I would probably expect a 3-bet from a late position player with a good flush draw. There are a million other draws that could be out there - pair + gutshot, gutshot + BDSD, pair + overcard, etc... and loose players will cold-call with most of these.

That said, folding could very well be correct, I just think that it's close. A lot of it would depend on your read of the specific players and how they tend to play their draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my take also. I'd be inclined to call. There is a risk that the original bettor could reraise. But there could be straight draws, just queens, mid or bottom pair with an ace overcard, etc.

I'd have to know more about the two players who cold called 2 bets on the flop. Folding would not be the default play.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:33 PM

not easy for me... if 3 cold calls i would think about it and throw it away. it also depends on how loose the 2 after you chase on the flop, you mentioned the game was loose but didn't elaborate on the 2 players. that flop is about as draw heavy as it gets for straight and pair chasers. you could also play it more carefully by being willing to throw it away if it goes 3 bets on the turn... also another factor to consider is if the players in the pot are capable of throwing away straights on a flush card.. loose agro game sounds like you would get paid off on your baby flush. not to mention agro means if you're behind you'll most likely hear about it