Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 08:39 PM

Default another stone nuts OOP vs agro player

A little history. I only been at table for a short while but on my first hand I value bet QJ for 1k into a 1900$ pot OOP on a Q 8 3 2 4 board or something and ozzy raised to 5k and I mucked.

Couple hands later I limped Tc6c in SB on another table and Ozzy checks bb. I flop a flush draw on a jack high board and bet 200 he calls. Turn is another Jack and I bet 500 into 600 he calls. I river the flush and bet like 1300 and ozzy raises to 3500 or so. I call and he shows 23o for bottom pair on the flop.

We've been 3 betting eachother preflop a decent amount and I have also been raising his flop cbet with position the past couple times and he just wrote in the chat something like "I'll bust you sooner or later Grimstarr"

anyways onto the hand...with that history I think Ozzy is capable of making a move and firing 3 barrels here with air so. I'm not sure what kind of hands he would value bet on that river but I am assuming only a small range focused around AQ/AK/3x. My line, I think, looks a lot like a mid pocket pair that didn't want to give up on the turn, right?

Full Tilt Poker Game #2054086415: Table Kennedy (6 max) - $50/$100 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:08:53 ET - 2007/03/23
Seat 1: Ozzy 87 ($14,771)
Seat 2: Ice IX ($10,000)
Seat 4: Grimstarr ($30,608)
Seat 5: Andrew Black ($17,089)
Seat 6: FELTOR ($10,997)
Grimstarr posts the small blind of $50
Andrew Black posts the big blind of $100
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Grimstarr [2s 2h]
FELTOR folds
Ozzy 87 raises to $300
Ice IX calls $300
Grimstarr calls $250
Andrew Black calls $200
*** FLOP *** [2c 2d 3s]
Grimstarr checks
Andrew Black checks
Ozzy 87 bets $1,000
Ice IX adds $300
Ice IX folds
Grimstarr calls $1,000
Andrew Black folds
*** TURN *** [2c 2d 3s] [Ah]
Grimstarr has 15 seconds left to act
Grimstarr checks
Ozzy 87 bets $2,400
Grimstarr calls $2,400
*** RIVER *** [2c 2d 3s Ah] [3h]
Grimstarr checks
Old 03-23-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: another stone nuts OOP vs agro player

[ QUOTE ]
*** RIVER *** [2c 2d 3s Ah] [3h]

[/ QUOTE ]

worst part
Old 03-23-2007, 09:13 PM

lead flop call raise donk turn game set match. as played bet 2/3 on river
Old 03-23-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My line, I think, looks a lot like a mid pocket pair that didn't want to give up on the turn, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorta but it's more commonly like AJ that was gonna look him up on the flop then hit top pair. the prevalence of Ax hands will cause him not to bluff enough IMO, ESPECIALLY when you check. you notice how in all the other hands, he raised a river bet??
Old 03-23-2007, 09:16 PM

33 ftw?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:19 PM

fslex,

do you really think I am getting floated by AJ if I lead into a field of 4 players on that flop/
Old 03-23-2007, 09:21 PM

IMHO: Quad over quads. Check/fold.
Seriously, 2 check calls and Ozzy can guess u have a 2 or better, why not bet the turn to disguise your hand. He'll almost certainly try to push you off. Plus if he hit, you could get value from AK/AA type hands. If he just folds to your bet, you weren't gonna get much there anyway. Your line looks perfect that way, as you could easily call a flop bet with an ace and just as easily bluff at one OoP on the turn with air. Bettting could make Ozzy raise you big, but check calling gives away your strength thereby cutting your action.

As played, over bet the river like 1.5x the pot

Also: don't complain about beats cause you runner runnered flush aginst WNBA when she had AA and didn't get ur aces cracked last night (that i saw).
Old 03-23-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, 2 check calls and Ozzy can guess u have a 2 or better, why not bet the turn to disguise your hand. He'll almost certainly try to push you off. Plus if he hit, you could get value from AK/AA type hands. If he just folds to your bet, you weren't gonna get much there anyway. Your line looks perfect that way, as you could easily call a flop bet with an ace and just as easily bluff at one OoP on the turn with air. Bettting could make Ozzy raise you big, but check calling gives away your strength thereby cutting your action.

Also: don't complain about beats cause you runner runnered flush aginst WNBA when she had AA and didn't get ur aces cracked last night (that i saw).

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL WAHAHAHAH
Old 03-23-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SALAZZZZZZZARRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 03-23-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fslex,

do you really think I am getting floated by AJ if I lead into a field of 4 players on that flop/

[/ QUOTE ]

well i was saying that you were floating. and fair point - didn't notice, thought there were 3. in any event, i still like my line