Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 11:03 AM

Default PRTY.L Wandom 5 point drops wtf?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PRTY.L&x=0&y=0

It seems to drop by >10% for like 10 minutes at a time. Happened yesterday also. Any idea what is going on?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: PRTY.L Wandom 5 point drops wtf?

must be just an error. well done john kane for selling 60% of your holding in this at 32.5p only a couple of weeks ago.

lol. good job i got out of this buying and selling of shares while i was up. just.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:16 PM

up 15% today.

someone kill me. if i'd of kept the shares i sold in 888, party, sporting bet i'd have at least $2K more to my name. lost out on 60% rise, 43% rise and 27% rise.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:34 PM

Do you guys know an online web site to buy LSE stocks that accept Canadians?
Old 03-23-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
must be just an error. well done john kane for selling 60% of your holding in this at 32.5p only a couple of weeks ago.

lol. good job i got out of this buying and selling of shares while i was up. just.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you should stop listening to the donkeys on this site and go with your own picks. everyone was trashing PRTY, SBT, 888 when you asked for their opinion. they are all clueless. they don't even listen to their heros advice of being greedy when others are fearful.

i believe these stocks are running up in anticipation of possible WTO ruling news on the 30th next week.

develop your own strategy and quit listening to the guys who say individual stocks concentrate too much risk. these guys will never be rich and will be working their 9 to 5 job till they die.

i will give the donkeys on this site something to root for. if gold does not outperform the DOW this year, then i wont post on this forum again. good luck john.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:50 PM

thanks for the reply gonebroke2, what ive got left in stocks is pretty small now. i remember the reason i sold, i was reading another website about party and some people were dooming and glooming that we'd be seeing sub 30s soon and to get out now.

its hard in a way i guess, i also jumped ship becuase i feared a number of european countries going solo with the own poker sites and banning their citizens playing on other sites, but, as expected, this is likely to be overturned by the EU. In addition the WTO ruling should be very interesting.

I read on another forum today people thinking this could rocket just as fast back up as it did down if the rulings go partys way.

part of me is tempted to buy back in, but part of me thinks stick to playing as much poker as you can without any distractions.

but money not gained is money lost, thats always my view.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:52 PM

Was lucky enough to buy a few thousand for 30-34 pence, but had also OLD ones. Compensate my losses from the old ones and sold today the new ones. I am back at 37-41 pence.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PRTY.L&x=0&y=0

It seems to drop by >10% for like 10 minutes at a time. Happened yesterday also. Any idea what is going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yahoo data isn't clean. There are lots of errors on there. It's free, so you get what you pay for I suppose.

I'd personally not want to invest in Party at the moment - it's highly speculative and volatile. There are better places to put your money if you need action.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:43 AM

Welcome to the stock market!