Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Table Selection

I know that table selection is a big part of being a long term winning player. I am curious as to what qualifies and quantifies a good table? I assume a table full of loose calling stations that will pay you off on your big hands for a TAG player or a tight table which check folds on the flop very often or makes a lot of river folds for a LAG player. Mostly I'm interested in live play more than online play (what am I looking for when I stand up to watch other tables for 5 minutes or so), but advice on online play can be easily transferred to live play I imagine. If there is a quick link to a thread that already exists, that would be appreciated as well. Software in this area might be helpful for everyone, but I don't play much online anymore, so that will mostly benefit the masses.
Thanks,
Landlord79
Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Table Selection

When I play live at donk stakes, 1/2 100max, 1/3 300 max or 2/4 1-300 BI I've never had the luxury or inclination to change tables. Usually there aren't many games goin to choose from. In general online you want to sit with as few regulars and as many full stacks as you can, I imagine it's the same for live play. Certainly there have been times where I've sat and immediately lamented the game being filled with regs at a cardroom, but usually they're not anything to be too concerned about anyway.