Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Who\'s Bracelet did J. Tilly buy from pawn shop?

In Episode 43, Jennifer Tilly says she bought a WSOP bracelet from a pawn shop. She said the original owner has plenty to spare.

I am guessing Phil Hellmuth.

Anyone else want to speculate?
Old 03-17-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Who\'s Bracelet did J. Tilly buy from pawn shop?

ill guess tj cloutier or men the master. really doubt its hellmuth cause he talks about giving all his bracelets to his family.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:23 PM

and hellmuth doesn't come off as someone that is bad with his money away from the poker table. Is it possible that she was referring to a WSOP bracelet but not a main event bracelet?
Old 03-17-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible that she was referring to a WSOP bracelet but not a main event bracelet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's more than possible - I think it borders on highly likely.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and hellmuth doesn't come off as someone that is bad with his money away from the poker table. Is it possible that she was referring to a WSOP bracelet but not a main event bracelet?

[/ QUOTE ]

People would not be discussing TJ if they thought it had to be a main event bracelet.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:36 PM

AN Tran supposedly pawned his, she also mentioned it was older, purer gold that is more yellow than todays typical gold
Old 03-17-2007, 05:40 PM

There was a article in bluff europe about this in the january edition.

She bought it from some creepy guy, who bought it in a pawn shop 20 years ago. He tells a story about how the guy ran to the pawn shop and sold his bracelet, and ran back to the horse shoe to play craps.Don`t think they named the guy in the article but it must be TJ.....
Old 03-17-2007, 06:02 PM

could have been ted forrest no? guy is a sick degen gambler also, didn't he lose a few of his bracelts on prop bets as is? why wouldn't he sell one also?
Old 03-17-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
could have been ted forrest no? guy is a sick degen gambler also, didn't he lose a few of his bracelts on prop bets as is? why wouldn't he sell one also?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ted had his first 3 stolen, plus the fact that the guy bought it 20+ years ago would eliminate Ted.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Gotta love T.J.

[ QUOTE ]
He tells a story about how the guy ran to the pawn shop and sold his bracelet, and ran back to the horse shoe to play craps.Don`t think they named the guy in the article but it must be TJ.....

[/ QUOTE ]

JOEY VS. T.J. CLOUTIER

HEY COW PIES,

POKER PLAYERS MUST BE THE STUPIDEST PEOPLE ON EARTH. THEY CAN BE STARING AT SOMETHING FOR AN ETERNITY AND STILL NOT UNDERSTAND IT. YOU IGNORANT HUMPS HAVE SEEN JOEY'S MOST FAMOUS HAND FOR YEARS AND NOT EVEN KNOW IT. JOEY'S IN A GOOD MOOD TODAY AND HAS DECIDED TO ENLIGHTEN YOU PIGS ABOUT A SMALL PART OF POKER HISTORY AND THE FIRST TIME T.J. CLOUTIER EVER LEARNED TO FEAR PLAYING IN THE SAME GAME WITH JOEY. IT WAS MANY YEARS AGO IN CALIFORNIA. A FAT PIG OPEN RAISES FROM MIDDLE POSITION. I HAD NEVER SEEN THIS DISGUSTING PERSON BEFORE. BUT, HE NEVER STOPPED TALKING: "I NOW EVERYTHING ABOUT POKER & CRAPS." "I'M GOING TO WRITE A BOOK ABOUT BEATING CRAPS." "I CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO THE BUFFET." JOEY DEFINITELY NEEDED TO TEACH THIS HUMP A LESSON. EVERYBODY FOLDS TO ME IN THE SMALL BLIND. I WANT TO PLAY THIS HAND HEADS UP SO I THREE BET WITH EIGHT THREE OFFSUIT. THE BIG BLIND FOLDS AND THE HUMP RERAISES. I CALL. BEFORE THE FLOP, I TELL THIS PIG EXACTLY WHAT I'VE GOT "EIGHT THREE OFFSUIT, PIG". THE FLOP COMES ACE EIGHT THREE WITH TWO SPADES. I BET OUT SAYING "TWO PAIR". THE FOOL RAISES ME. I THREE BET AND SAY "THE DEALER IS GOING TO FILL UP SO NO FREE CARD FOR YOU". THE PIG CALLS. THE TURN IS A KING. I BET. HE RAISES. I RERAISE. HE RERAISES. I RERAISE AND SAY "DIDN'T I TELL YOU THE DEALER IS GOING TO FILL UP?" HE CALLS. THEY ALWAYS GET INTIMIDATED WHEN JOEY PREDICTS THE RIVER CARD. I BET BLIND. THE RIVER CARD COMES A THREE. THE HUMP CALLS. WHY? I SHOW MY BOAT. THE PIG TRIED TO MUCK FACE DOWN BUT I INSIST ON SEEING HIS CARDS. HE HAD ACE KING OF SPADES. "PIG, YOU HAVE A LOT TO LEARN ABOUT POKER. NEVER FORGET THE NAME JOEY". I FINISHED UP MY WINNING SESSION AND HEADED TO THE BUFFET. I WAS GETTING SOME TOSSED SALAD WHEN THAT SAME UNKNOWN PLAYER ATTACKED ME FROM BEHIND. NO PLAYER HAD EVER ATTACKED ME JUST BECAUSE I WON HIS MONEY. WHAT'S UP WITH THIS? I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO REACT. I TRIED TO DEFEND MYSELF BUT HE WAS SO FAT THAT I COULDN'T GET HIM OFF ME. HE THEN TORE MY PANTS OFF. I NEED TO TALK DELICATELY HERE. HE REPEATEDLY INSERTED A PART OF HIS ANATOMY INTO MY ANATOMY. WHEN HE WAS SATISFIED, HE SAID "I GUESS I FILLED YOU UP THAT TIME. NEVER FORGET THE NAME T.J. CLOUTIER". BUT, I WAS THE ONE WHO REALLY ENDED UP ON TOP. I PAID FOR MY BUFFET WITH HIS MONEY. SEE YA AND WOULDN'T WANT TO BE YA, YOU FAT HUMPS. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]