Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 01:13 AM

Default M Stratedgy for limit tourneys

I have played a handful of 7 Stud Hi/LO tourneys on Pokerstars, mainly in Dec..and recently played a couple HORSE tourneys on Full Tilt

The STud tourneys I had pretty good success cashing, mainly casue the competition is weak, but my problem became, when the blinds get high, say you have 6-10 Big Bets...do you get a good(not nessearily great) starter and just commit? Or can you bail out leaving yourself 3-4 BB's...or do you tighten up for a monster

Today, on Tilt, I was playing HORSE, about 15 people from the $$$..(Stars format for limit is much better due to longer blinds and smaller blinds)..but anyways

I had 5A-6 unsuited in 7 stud hi low...and with about 5 big bets up against a 4 showing and King..I pushed..hit 4 to the low, but my hand crapped out. I coulda bailed on 5th street with about 2 BB's, but I pushed to 7th hoping and not catching that last low to give me a split

WHats the basic thoughts on those situations?
Old 03-17-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: M Stratedgy for limit tourneys

No thoughts on this? I was rereading TPFAP, and Sklansky mainly comments to not take a good buy today when a great buy may come tommorow...and vise versa for bad/miserable buys.

But in a game such as Stud, when you start off with 3 strongs cards, there is so many betting rounds...when do you bail?

I recently took 2nd in a DS HORSE On Full Tilt. We wre on the bubble of the $$$, and I started in HE with TT...raised, and it was reraised, called and reraised. I had a M of around 5, so with all that money in the pot, and a reasonable hand, I decided to go for it for the 2 bets...and ended up at showdown with my TT riding..I was called by AK all the way with no flush/straights out there on flop.

My reasoning was, with all that money in the pot, I was gmbling with a good hand(then flop wasnt scary so I continue)..rather than be stuck with 2-3BB and have to be all in with a weaker hand
Old 03-17-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: M Stratedgy for limit tourneys

See the Link for CSC's limit tournament strategy. He uses a concept called L instead of M. That is probably your best bet here.