Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Mini-bet is easy. Oceanside pink chip fun. (wtl;dr)

I am on spring break – obviously poker time – summary at the bottom

Roll down to Oceans 11 at about noon. Play 4-8 O8 for a little bit and realize I hate old people after some guy orders some rice with ‘mucho shrimp’ and ‘mucho mushrooms’. After about 45 minutes I get called for 8-16 limited hold thems. I felt like I was going to pick up some sort of disease if I stayed at the O8 table any longer.

Second hand at the new table young guy check-raises a KTT flop, check-check 4 turn, young guy bets river some middle aged Asian dude folds (I think) and then goes insane for no reason.

“Oh your laughing, you think that’s funny huh?”

“You have a very manly laugh”

I thought it was light-hearted at first but then even after middle aged Asian dude gets moved to the main game he still comes back over and says to the young guy “You have a very manly laugh, really very manly laugh” – The young guy had a normal laugh btw, I don’t know WTF old Asian dude was talking about. They yell at each other across the room for a bit, everyone else laughs, and then that was that.

After awhile the fun starts – some guy named JT I think who I guess usually plays the 20 & 40 games decides to repeatedly buy in for like 100$ and raise (read: lose) every hand. Opens up the game big time and I conveniently make a couple nut spade flushes and people decide to keep raising me even though I obviously had the nuts every time. At this point I am probably up like 3 racks after like 90 minutes. This game honestly played like a .5-1 game online. Probably even easier – it was absolutely amazing.

Pre-flop during some hand a probable regular young dude down in 2 seat starts talking to some regular Asian lady. I thought I heard them speaking ‘Asian’ so as I am putting my chips out I look down at them and belt out a loud ‘Ri Rai’ – young white dude laughs, Asian lady is left in bewilderment. I speak fluent poker room ‘Asian’ speak. After I win the pot said bewildered Asian lady says ‘Ni Han’. Poker sooo nie

Then this steroid-raged looking guy sits down in the 10 seat. He was a weird feeling about him. Someone calls him and he says he can’t talk right now because he is in a meeting. Obviously trying to be funny – a couple people giggle.

So the CO raises and steroid rager calls in the BB. SR bets a T98 flop, SR bets a 9 turn and CO raises. River 8 and SR starts to put on a big act ‘oh well I guess we will have to see who has the bigger full house…whose is bigger blah blah’ for like 20 seconds and then bets. CO folds QJ face-up and then steroid rager flips 72o. Nice

Next hand I open black As. He three towns from the SB, I four. Flop is T92 and he bets, I insta-raise but for some reason this doesn’t register with him. So while he thinks I am thinking he starts talking again ‘be careful’, ‘You want to see a card’?, I say ‘If you want to show me a card I wont say no’ so he flips the Th face up for me. Okie Dookie, I still raised bucko! 5c turn. He bets again, I raise again, he calls. River 7c putting a backdoor club flush out – he bets out again, and I just call. He flips ATh. Damn - I almost raised that mother up againon the end.

I get called for the main game up four racks. I play with some cranky old people in the main game for about 20 minutes and then decide $839 is a pretty nice win in an 8-16 game.

When I go to the cage to cash out I get an old hundred, WTF? What am I going to do with an old hundred dollar bill? Well I have only been here for like 3 hours – might as well try to go smash some dreams in the small room in the NL games.

Some kid with like 20 bucks behind (2-2 100max,I think?) straddles, folds around to me in the SB and I go all-in with out looking to isolate. The straddle squeezes and insta-calls. Some cards come out and my J7 is too much for his JT.

I play a lot of hands for cheap – win a nice one when I raise 62s UTG. Table captain in the one seat is drinking and making a play money game look hard. He basically calls a couple all-ins for two buy-ins with 67 and 74 sooted. He wins both and has like 4 racks plus chips behind. Awesome. Eventually go busto when my JT couldn’t fade A6 all-in preflop after a limp re-raise. Oh well I didn’t want an old hundo anyways.

Summary: Oceans 11 is the nuts. Win 4 racks playing limited 8-16. Lose playing NL. People in poker rooms are retarded and they probably have diseases.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Mini-bet is easy. Oceanside pink chip fun. (wtl;dr)

cliffnotes: op went to a pokerroom. a bunch of normal stuff happened....
Old 03-14-2007, 02:08 PM

A
Old 03-14-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A

[/ QUOTE ]

D+
Old 03-14-2007, 02:28 PM

Nice story. How long has Oceans been serving alcohol?wtf
Old 03-14-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice story. How long has Oceans been serving alcohol?wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been playing there for 6 years and they have always served alcohol ever since I can remember.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:47 PM

Also he uses cool poker slang and probably practices chip tricks at home