Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Stars .50/1 QQ hand - think I missed some bets?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

PRE-FLOP: Should I have re-raised PF? I think I will be told yes. But I guess I thought I would try to take a look at a flop, and see if I can dodge an Ace or King, and then if the coast looked clear, fire away.

FLOP: OK, so the flop is pretty damn good for me, with only a flush draw as my possible danger. Still, being first to act, I decided to check/call here. Once the PF raiser bet, I opted to call, in hope of keeping at least one of the other two villians in the hand. Was this too dangerous? Should I have tried to isolate the PF raiser by raising him here?

TURN: I lead out here, because I am not taking the chance of it being checked through and having a flush draw get a free look at the river. I'm pretty sure that capping with the nuts is standard, so I feel confident in that play.

RIVER: There are no two flush cards that I can put him on, given the previous action, so I feel confident that I still have the best hand here. So I think this play is standard as well.

My hand reading is getting pretty good lately, although I don't think this one was particularly challenging. I replayed each street, and it seemed easy for me to figire out the only real hand he'd be capping that Turn with.

So, overall, do you think I missed some PF bets, and maybe a Flop bet or two in this hand?
Old 03-13-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Stars .50/1 QQ hand - think I missed some bets?

Pre-flop is horrible and cost you 2BB.
Flop is pretty bad because your hand can be discuised by the flush draw and probably cost you 1BB.
River is probably alright unless someone runner runnered you.

My estimate is that your FPS cost between 3 and 4 BB. Probably a couple hundred hands down the drain.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:58 PM

Newbie here, so discount what I say by half [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I would have raised PF, yes, to see the reaction of Villain. If he 3bets, he's probably on a high pair as well. Call or raise then.

After the flop: I would bet or checkraise. That way you're signaling loudly and clearly that you made your set of Q's. I guess those drawing for a flush of hearts wouldn't be deterred anyway, but at least all the others will fold out. The way you did this, there's a (remote) chance someone made a flush of clovers there.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would have raised PF, yes, to see the reaction of Villain. If he 3bets, he's probably on a high pair as well. Call or raise then.

[/ QUOTE ]
You raise this hand because it is the 3rd best starting hand, no other reason.

[ QUOTE ]

After the flop: I would bet or checkraise. That way you're signaling loudly and clearly that you made your set of Q's.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you haven't seen someone cap a flush draw you haven't played enough hands. It's easy to put hero on QQ since he told us he has QQ...
Old 03-13-2007, 02:01 PM

Reraise Preflop.

As played, I probably donk the flop and hope to trap BB or MP1.

As played, I'd probably be more inclined to check/raise the turn rather than donk it to pick up some extra bets since I don't expect MP1 to go anywhere unless he is really light and won't call 1 anyways.

Since I assume MP3 is really overplaying AA/KK or more likely has JJ, capping the turn and getting as much in on the river look good.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PRE-FLOP: Should I have re-raised PF? I think I will be told yes. But I guess I thought I would try to take a look at a flop, and see if I can dodge an Ace or King, and then if the coast looked clear, fire away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop playing like a wimp. Do you even know how often an ace or king comes on the flop when you have QQ? Now suppose that you *KNOW* someone has Ax AND someone else has Kx (or that villain has AK). What are the chances that you will be beat on the flop?

[ QUOTE ]
FLOP: OK, so the flop is pretty damn good for me, with only a flush draw as my possible danger. Still, being first to act, I decided to check/call here. Once the PF raiser bet, I opted to call, in hope of keeping at least one of the other two villians in the hand. Was this too dangerous? Should I have tried to isolate the PF raiser by raising him here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just going to stop now. Everyone is going to (rightly) rail on you for not putting money in when you have the best hand is often the wrong way to play.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You raise this hand because it is thhe 3rd best starting hand, no other reason.

[ QUOTE ]

After the flop: I would bet or checkraise. That way you're signaling loudly and clearly that you made your set of Q's.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you haven't seen someone cap a flush draw you haven't played enough hands. It's easy to put hero on QQ since he told us he has QQ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for this feedback. You're right on both counts. I didn't realize how 20/20 my hindsight was. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2007, 02:09 PM

Well, you got the turn and river right.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:10 PM

You've GOT to be kidding?!?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:14 PM

Having played the flop so passive, I would go for the check raise on the turn. The donk bet on the turn gives villain a chance to reassess his position, and he might even just call.

Checking will almost guarantee that villain will bet into the two of you, and then lower the boom.

Todd