Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 03:03 PM

Default NL25, Top two but ugly turn card

UTG had been openlimp calling a lot preflop and calling a lot of cont-bets so I didn`t feel like isolating preflop would be a good idea.

Should I bet this turn and if so how much?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $25.40
Hero (BTN): $25.75
SB: $29.45
BB: $37.35
UTG: $19.45

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.35, 5 players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO folds, Hero calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, SB calls $2.50, BB folds, UTG folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($6.75, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero?
Old 03-11-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: NL25, Top two but ugly turn card

Do you have any stats on this guy?

I'm not really sure. If we check behind and he open bets the river, we have to fold unimproved. If you bet the turn here and he calls, we have to see what he does on the river. SB open betting the river is the key play in my opinion.

I think the optimal play will be to bet $4 here on the turn and see how the SB reacts. If he calls, and checks the river, check behind. If he raises on the turn, fold. If he calls the turn and then open bets the river, fold. I hope that is clear. That is how I would play it.

I think we have to bet the turn so that he can't bluff us off the hand on the river. We have to keep up the aggression so that he can't turn the hand around on us on the river.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the optimal play will be to bet $4 here on the turn and see how the SB reacts. If he calls, and checks the river, check behind. If he raises on the turn, fold. If he calls the turn and then open bets the river, fold. I hope that is clear. That is how I would play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree unless I've specifically written in my player notes that villain is a flush chaser, then I just check/fold.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we have to bet the turn so that he can't bluff us off the hand on the river. We have to keep up the aggression so that he can't turn the hand around on us on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. You need to keep on the guy and prevent giving Villain another free card.

If he pushes on the river (or c/r you on the turn), you'll have to use your read on him to make the call - nobody said this game was easy, right?
Old 03-11-2007, 03:48 PM

I would check behind for pot control, we won't get a better hand to fold nor a worse hand to call. We dont want to blow up the pot and we can snap off a bluff on the river. We also have a freeroll to fill up if he has the flush.

There are no other draws out there (except a gutshot straight but that would be horrible on this board) and after a bet and a raise on the flop, then a cold call this is 80% a flushdraw. Don't get pushed out of the hand when we can get a free card.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:03 PM

I would check behind and call the river as long as another heart doesn't come. We're getting a free chance to draw for a full house and a bet on this turn will only lead to more difficult decisions if we're called.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:14 PM

Id tend to check behind, he could have flush or even 34 to make the straight and of course a set. If he has been floating you a lot his range will be pretty wide, and with in mind more times than not you will still be ahead even with this scare card on the turn. If river is a non scare card and he checks it again id be betting for value for sure with around $3.50