Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Whats my river play with AQs?

Villian is a 17/13 LA-A after 180 hands.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
7 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Very afraid of the King here. Because of this, I like to bet and "test the waters." But Because of his lack of a cap PF, i didnt think it was AK. So my range is AJ-AT, or KQ-KJ. But no raise so I feel like im in good shape.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Now this is where I freak out about the king. A typical 1/2 slowplay. but because of the FD (and overcard A) and the decent size of the pot, I called.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8BB, 2 players)
Hero......

Now here comes the question. Because of his aggressive play at the turn, should i continue to force a bet out there or check with hope to raise? Just trying to sneak an extra bet out.....

Results:
Final pot: 8BB

Extra question: Do u like the PF RR? I think it allows me to more define a possible WA/WB situation. If he caps, I can figure he has AA, KK, AK. If not, most likely not that.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Whats my river play with AQs?

Bet and call a raise. You'd hate to have him check behind more than you'd hate him to just call 1.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:27 AM

u wouldnt RR if he raised? expecting to see 77 or 55?
Old 03-11-2007, 01:42 AM

If you are expecting a raise from him to beat you why would you re-raise? Or am I misunderstanding you?
Old 03-11-2007, 01:45 AM

I was not expecting him to raise at all. I was expecting him to bet out, not necessarily with the best hand, so that I could Raise him and snatch an extra bet. I'm pretty damn sure I have him beat now.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very afraid of the King here. Because of this, I like to bet and "test the waters." But Because of his lack of a cap PF, i didnt think it was AK. So my range is AJ-AT, or KQ-KJ. But no raise so I feel like im in good shape.

[/ QUOTE ]I think most players don't usually cap AKo. I usually cap only AKs.

[ QUOTE ]
Extra question: Do u like the PF RR? I think it allows me to more define a possible WA/WB situation. If he caps, I can figure he has AA, KK, AK. If not, most likely not that.

[/ QUOTE ]If he caps I would figure he has AA,KK,QQ,AKs maybe JJ also.

If he has 13% pfr then his range is generally something like: 88+,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QJo
With AQs you have 57.7% equity against his range. So you are correct to reraise. There's a chance that the villain is position aware and plays more tightly in EP. But even if he only raises 7.4% of his hands in EP you're still correct to reraise.

I like kerowo's line here. Don't risk that the river will get checked through. Last time I was in the same situation I check-raised and the villain folded. So I took the risk for nothing.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:10 AM

I'd just call preflop or be prepared to c/r the K high flop and if you get reraised then assess. If he had AA he might have been waiting for the turn to raise.

Yea, check with hope to raise. He could have been weirdly slow playing KK but I don't think so.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:06 AM

Your play is fine until the river, I will normally check hoping to check raise here, but will occasionally try and bet 3-bet.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:22 AM

the river is an easy c/r. he is betting when checked to with any hand that was calling a bet.

flop is a must bet, but i'm not as sure about the turn. can your opponent fold JJ or something there? if not, you're better off checking and hoping for a free card.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:26 AM

bet flop, often I will c/c turn, c/r river...

edit : I guess I could of read Tyler's post and said.. "yeah, what Tyler said".