Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Prison Day 5 - Game Thread

still night...
Old 03-02-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Prison Day 5 - Game Thread

Boiler and Nich have been tossed in Prison. Enjoy the fresh meat.

No one died during the night...???

Player list:

boiler
cpfb
jeremy
lastchance
mdorand
nich
spook
traz
wdcbooks

Day

(Lynch is still required today. If there is no nightkill tonight, there will be the option of no lynch tomorrow.)
Old 03-02-2007, 10:18 AM

Letter from Pogopolis

[ QUOTE ]

NEIL - Who was the tie between in the release vote on Day 3?

Iron_Yuppie would be a very good lynch if we manage to send him to you, by the way. He's practically dressed in a trenchcoat and packing a handgun with some of these posts today. Such a mobster. One was so bad, Dustin and I pounced on it at the same time, heh.
BOILER - We were disappointed no one was released yesterday. Each release is helpful to the village. When in doubt just send up someone sent down earlier by the mob. I dont think anyone sent down by the mob is evil at this point. There are either 3 or 4 players in prison that haven't been in pogopolis yet. Stay away from lynching/peeking those players. Lets find out roles helpful to pogopolis and ship it up to the city.
Those of you who have been up in pogopolis may know that I have defended neil as a villager. I have done a 180 on him. I now think he is probably evil. Possibly reinforced by the fact that I am still here. Looks like nich is leaving today. We are really starved for info right now and as we lynch more and more people its harder to find things to base your vote on. Right now its a lot of process of elimination. One thing with nich is that even if we do find out some roles he hasn't posted enough to relate to anyone yet anyway.
<u>Dustin's D4 Journal</u>

We awoke in Pogopolis expecting to see your most trusted villager enjoying the fresh air and sunshine of our tiny village, but now we have to fear that the wolfs have infested the prison. Unless you send us one of your most trusted (and by that I mean Luckay, Last Chance, Spook, or Jeremy), we in Pogopolis will be forced to doubt all information coming from prison, and that puts us in a serious bind since we generate little information ourselves.
Its still fairly early, but I get the feeling that its going to be a very slow day in Pogopolis. Econo said he was going to be more active, and so he accuses Nich but then refuses to back that up with anything other than to accuse me of being of wolf for defending Nich (which I wasn't doing- I just wanted a little reasoning). Thats about the most excitement that have have had thus far. I wish I knew what to make of Econo's play- but I think I'm going to stick with bad villager/meh for now on him. And that makes IY still the best option for today, and he has yet to post. Boiler supports a IY vote, and Neil likes econo thus far.
Stephen seems to be moving onto most peoples villager lists (and he has moved fully onto mine), and he had some good thoughts about the meaning of your letter. What particularly concerns us is how the letter said that Luckay was going to be released (which of course was my original thinking), the fact that Luckay wasn't released, and that fact that Luckay's normally good column, just said "Sup Pogopolis". I think the most plausible scenario is that the votes were in Luckay's favor and because Luckay thought he was getting released, he didn't feel the need to write his column since he could say it all "in person" the next day- well that was just procrastinating on work that was going to be needed to be done anyways and it has cost us a lot of information.
If you lynched Bluff instead of Kyro you made a mistake because a Bluff lynch doesn't help us here. As the other writers have mentioned, we desperately need information here. We're starting to turn on each other like rats on a sinking ship- Boiler has started going after Neil, Xorbie and IY both like me dead. Stephen and FCBL don't seem to know what to think (I'm reading FCBL for village but its still early with him). I think there are 2 wolfs here and 3 down there if you missed last night. Right now it is 10 here and 9 there. Depending on what happens today, both here and there, if we send down a wolf tonight, you guys will be in danger of being over run. Don't let the wolfs confuse you. Villagers there are Last Chance, Spook, Luckay, Jeremy, Traz, and most likely MDD though I haven't been in the same location as him. You guys are going to need to be on the same page or the wolfs are just going to confuse you and cause you to turn on yourselfs- don't let that happen.`The rest of your population is either meh or wolf- just lynch the wolfiest one and then move onto the next. (hopefully its Kyro or Books so we can get some info
We are in horrible shape here. With about 5 hours to go 6 of the 10 of us have voted, and nobody has more than 1 vote! Yes, that is correct, 6 people have voted for 6 different people. My strongest village reads are Boiler and Stephen, followed by Neil (who I read horribly in All-Information). And like I said, Boiler is starting to suspect Neil. (Boiler suggests a ten way flip)
Finally I think we are making some progress. Most of my most villagery people have been posting, and we are narrowing our options down. I suggested that we all produce a list like IY&gt; Nich &gt; Xorbie &gt; Econ (thats my take right now). And then we assign 4 points for first on down and go with the winner. Everyone has different reasons for their choices. Econo has been so bad that there is no way he could be a wolf in my opinion, and Stephen agrees but also suggests that econo's metagame is just being a bad player- wolf or villager. Stephen likes Xorbie but can't really say why. Herbie likes Nich and I do too, but not before IY. Neil likes econo.
My vote-weighing idea has been rejected, and we have 3 bandwagons right now with a small number of votes on each between Nich, IY, and Econo. Econo is just beggining to get lynched and thats why I think its a bad lynch. Xorbie still thinks I'm evil and he has the jeremy-disease.If IY or Nich gets lynched I'll be happy. Yesterday we were giving Nich the benefit of the doubt, but I don't like his few posts today. They aren't the good helpful Nich posts like I'm used to seeing. Econo came out gunning for him too today, so if Nich is evil maybe econo's dark cloud goes away. But If he keeps his act up I won't be able to save him. Neil has moved to IY and we have a tie. This is somewhat bothersome. Neil hasn't found anything funny about the Nich posts today though, and wants to wait one more day to see if Nich has something to offer. His thoughts were that if it doesn't deal with probability/seer strategy. etc, then Nich is uninterested. I'm not sure I buy that argument- Nich isn't playing WW because he likes probability.
Boiler has just posted Neil/Nich FTW after Neil's switch to IY, so its clear that him and I are thinking alike in this regard. Could Neil be evil? He likes Xorbie and Econo for tomorrow and those two are the most villagery of my suspects. Xorbie is somehow now under the assumption that I think he is an obvious villager and he thinks I'm putting on a "wolftacular clinic". I really do feel that Xorbie is just like Jeremy. Somehow my style rubs them wrong and they go after me- I'm far from ready to assign Xorbie villager status they way I think Jeremy is because I think Jeremy really showed himself to be a villger D2. If Neil is a wolf than he is very good.
So the Nich wagon is taking off towards the end of the day and my vote is still on Iron, along with Neil. I had seriously considered switching to Nich after Neil tied it up, but then Iron came on and voted Nich along with a super wolfy rationale. He can't open with his mouth without soundy wolfy. Its totally possible that I have blinders on regarding IY.
So Nich it is today. Its just not possible to garner up enough support for IY. Even though I'm voting IY, I'm happy with Nich. You guys had better send us a villager and some good information.
StephenH
I'm not much for having my own section of the letter but I've got something to say this time and it may as well be directly attributed to me.
Please, please, please lynch one of the people we've arrested and tell us their role. We're drowning in suppositions and conditionals and even just one hard data point would make a world of difference. The only exception I can think of is if something happened yesterday to make today's lynch obvious (kill an obvious wolf rather than just lynching someone for our information, please - every wolf killed is good all around).
Also, please be sure to ALWAYS release someone. The risk of releasing a wolf does not outweigh the benefits of releasing a villager; I'm pretty sure that as long as you send back more villagers than wolves you're helping out the city. Don't let people create ties and so forth that keep anyone from being released.
econ - plz lynch kyro and fedex us results
FCBL Prisoners, please lynch your wolves and send the villagers back up to us. For some strange reason, there are people here who advocate the opposite. I see no reason to send villagers to prison. That move seems to be -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-02-2007, 10:20 AM

So what's been going on the last 2 days? Why no release yesterday? Was kyro lynched yesterday? What was his role?

Nich was lynched with like 6 votes yesterday. Process of elimination mostly. I was night killed finally, I really think neil is evil at this point.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:21 AM

If someone could also post your letter yesterday for me and nich that would be appreciated.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:31 AM

ok wow. boiler, i think we lynched the only mafia left in prison last night in Aaronk. I think the mafia has 4 left in poggopolis. Many of us here are cleared. Both seers are in poggoplis.

We may be in better shape than we thought...but we have to get people out of here and get some wolves i.e. neil,econo sent down here.

This is what ended up getting sent.

We lynched aaronk last night. He was a wolf. He sent this letter through at 10 PM.

Lastchance - We released kyro because he was villagery. Sorry for not sending up Luckay, we were a bit preoccupied, and didn't keep track of the countif. Luckay got killed in the night, villager. We did lynch bluff, he was a villager. We're about to lynch aaronk.

Aaronk - Damnit Kyro should've been killed last night, he's a seer, so is Dustin. I don't know if we can win but kill these two the next two nights.

boiler,

kyro is a seer.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:33 AM

the bad news is we have to lynch a villager tonight most likely guaranteed.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:34 AM

unless boiler or nich is wolf i guess.