Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Question for the high stakes pros

Hey I am just wondering if some of you wouldnt mind pinpointing the biggest hurdles you guys had to jump over on the way to seperating yourself from winning players to some of the best players. I would just like to see if some of the areas are similar bumps in the road for everyone. What did you come to understand at some point that really set you apart from the rest of the crowd. I dont mean so much a strategy change, but a personal change you made in some problem area in your game that drastically helped your advancement. Thanks
Old 03-01-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Question for the high stakes pros

bump
Old 03-01-2007, 02:15 PM

When you start to relate literally everything in your life and all things you are involved in to poker, you probably are thinking at a good level. Poker is a lot deeper than most think and the most successful players realize this. I personally view the world COMPLETELY different because of poker and to be honest, I love it.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:49 PM

yea, i found myself comparing the EV of random things yesterday in little board games and such. I won 25 straight times in monopoly against 3 others at college this year. Your level of thinking will really understand all kinds of games with chance and risk involved.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea, i found myself comparing the EV of random things yesterday in little board games and such. I won 25 straight times in monopoly against 3 others at college this year. Your level of thinking will really understand all kinds of games with chance and risk involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your level of thinking will really understand all things in life that require thought and logic.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:41 PM

i think this is extremely true Although im not a high stakes extremely sucessful player i always think about things in terms or risk rewards and thoughfully think about the pors and cons about a lot of choices that i make.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you start to relate literally everything in your life and all things you are involved in to poker, you probably are thinking at a good level. Poker is a lot deeper than most think and the most successful players realize this. I personally view the world COMPLETELY different because of poker and to be honest, I love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. I find it amazing how many "real life" decisions I can relate to poker and use the same type of logic to find a solution. It sounds kind of nerdy, but its more like a life skill that most people don't have. And girls dig guys with skills.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it. W T F. U just cant help it. I fall asleep whilst replaying and critiqueing a hand. I would say using these forums really help with ur thinking about poker. It really is a game that goes very DEEP.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems like more of an example of how incredibly bad at monopoly your friends are than anything you're doing
Old 03-01-2007, 10:21 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^ lol