Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 06:15 PM

Default I RR j,10 from BB

6 max, $.5-1.00
Villian seems to be competent tag with $400 in his stack.
Hero has $150. Earlier he overlimped from CO and I C/R him on a Q,7,3r board with Q,4o from BB and folded when he 4 bet.

Hero- J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Preflop- folds to Villian in CO who raises to 4, folded to Hero, Hero RR to 14, Villian calls.

Flop- Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villian checks

Turn- A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets 18

I'm not sure if I played this well. Should I always be c-betting this flop? How about turn? Turn seems like good card to bet, but if he checks flop, an A might be one of his most likely holdings so I don't know. And I'm sure some people won't like the preflop raise but that's not what I'm asking about.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: I RR j,10 from BB

[ QUOTE ]
Earlier he overlimped from CO and I C/R him on a Q,7,3r board with Q,4o from BB and folded when he 4 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?

actual hand: why didn't you cbet the flop?
Old 03-01-2007, 06:30 PM

I know, it's embarrassing. The Q,4o hand is bad. I'm working on being more aggressive but that is not a good spot. The main reason I didn't bet flop in actual hand was I thought he may try to outplay me because of the earlier hand. I can't call a raise and I can't call a bet. Betting is probably best, but I don't mind occasionaly giving up on a flop even after I've RR. I normally c-bet 90% of the time after RR'ing. I guess I'm asking, is this a good flop to c-bet? Since we would expect someone to c-bet in a RR pot wouldn't this be a great flop to play back at the original RR'er? My post seems rambly so I'll stop for now.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know, it's embarrassing. The Q,4o hand is bad. I'm working on being more aggressive but that is not a good spot. The main reason I didn't bet flop in actual hand was I thought he may try to outplay me because of the earlier hand. I can't call a raise and I can't call a bet. Betting is probably best, but I don't mind occasionaly giving up on a flop even after I've RR. I normally c-bet 90% of the time after RR'ing. I guess I'm asking, is this a good flop to c-bet? Since we would expect someone to c-bet in a RR pot wouldn't this be a great flop to play back at the original RR'er? My post seems rambly so I'll stop for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving up every once in a while in a rr pot is def. a good idea. The question is, what do you think are good board textures to cbet in rr pots and which ones aren't? Monotone flops tend to produce more action because of the one card flush draws, but how often do you think he has to fold to a 2/3 size flop bet to make it +EV?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving up every once in a while in a rr pot is def. a good idea. The question is, what do you think are good board textures to cbet in rr pots and which ones aren't? Monotone flops tend to produce more action because of the one card flush draws, but how often do you think he has to fold to a 2/3 size flop bet to make it +EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really good question and I'm basically quoting for emphasis, since I don't know the answer. I generally chicken out on mono flops and my CB frequency is much lower.

Having said that, I generally get many more folds to bets on monotone flops. In a limit game, I expect terrible players to basically call any club on a monotone board; in NL, it seems like even the donks won't call with a draw to the < 3rd nut flush.

How often does everyone C-bet on a monotone flop vs. a 2-flush flop vs. a rainbow flop? How does the size of your c-bet compare on mono vs. 2f vs. rainbow?