Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 10:16 PM

Default 5/10 JJ UTG on loose-tricky table

This was my last hand before I was leaving, cause I was really having a hard time figuring out the players. The table was playing pretty loose and aggressive. My read on villian was average-aggresive, he liked position play.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 02-27-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: 5/10 JJ UTG on loose-tricky table

Seems pretty standard to me. He could have a 6 but there s still a lot you can beat. He could bet a weaker pair for value thinking you might call with the ace high busted flush draw. Getting 7 to 1 it s an easy call on the river. Another way to play this would be to call the flop and raise the turn for a free showdown. If he is really loose I might even raise the turn and value bet the river.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:28 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

I like calling the flop and raising the turn, then deciding (but usually betting) on the river.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like calling the flop and raising the turn, then deciding (but usually betting) on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I were to raise the turn, it would be for a free SD, and I usually only like to use this line if I can use a potential scare card on the turn (ex. using ur situation, we have TT, J high flop, and K on turn). There's no true standard line here w/o a solid read, and its important to not have a standard line. your way is fine, so is goofballs, although i disagree w/ his river assessment.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:03 PM

i think hes got a Q-rag

if he had a 6 hed check the river
and if he had Q-face hed bet the whole way
also w. 7-8 hed check the river

i think you were beat the whole way
sorry