Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 07:53 AM

Default A5o raising to draw to the split

... but I'd have accepted 2pr of course. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

This is pretty weird. My goal was to split with like A8/A9 etc from the flop forward. On the turn I was slightly concerned about the CC, but figured that someone would bet. I hadn't considered PR+GS as potential CC hands at the time, but I should have.

The EP limper is a tag. The cold-caller is a fish, and the button is a 45/20 aggressive lag.

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
Old 03-02-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: A5o raising to draw to the split

I'm not sure I like the turn c/c after your c/r on the flop. But I'm not sure I would like a bet either. Gonna have to think on it. More later.

-J
Old 03-02-2007, 02:33 PM

I like the flop (because of your read on the button), the turn sucks (because it just does). Not much new is ahead of you that wasn't already crushing you on the flop; bet/fold.

As played, what were you doing on the river? Looking for an overcall?
Old 03-02-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop (because of your read on the button), the turn sucks (because it just does). Not much new is ahead of you that wasn't already crushing you on the flop; bet/fold.

As played, what were you doing on the river? Looking for an overcall?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, although that would have been ok I guess. It was just a pot-odds thing. I figured I'd win often enough to call, but there's no way I was 55%+ on the river.

As it stands, I split with the button's A2... I'm very weirded out by whatever the CO bet on the turn...

Would you mind telling me what the probability is that neither player here has an ace, giving them say the top 40% of hands to start with? I'm starting to get tired, and I know that this involves work (or, lol, asking the probabilities forum... man that's sweet!).

I'm just curious about what the true risk of a free card is, vs what I gain by betting, etc.

I mean, considering that I'm going to be splitting fairly often, or losing also, giving a free card only hurts say like 45% as much as it normally would in this hand. And betting only gives me 45% of what it would normally give me... except probably less actually because sometimes I'm going to be betting into a better hand or whatever.

fwiw once i see that turn I'm totally 100% committed to showing this hand down, unless I somehow face two cold bets.

edit: summary... I don't know how often I'm ahead or behind or splitting. Due to the splitting my incentive to bet is greatly reduced. Due to the potential of being behind, ditto. Checking to the lag is nice because it flattens out the action against both of their ranges. CO is somehow retarded, I think, and I'm curious as to how often this turn checks through when I check it, just as an aside.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:59 AM

If you're looking to split, why are you blowing out everyone by check/raising? The only thing you're worried about is a gutshot to Broadway, and the pot's so small they can't call for it profitably, anyway.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:06 AM

betthe turn
Old 03-04-2007, 07:20 AM

You have to bet this turn and protect vs all the straight draws out there. This is a good turn card for you I don't see what changed from the time you CRed the flop to the time you decided to check the turn.

-DeathDonkey