Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 12:44 PM

Default The bigger picture (To ACists)

I know y'all enjoy the discussion here on 2p2. It's good for training your thinking and discussion skills. But there is a downside: it's a relatively small audience, it's not as personal as it can be, and your efforts tend to get lost in the endless archive.

There's another way: Youtube. The audience is infinite. Audio and video is more personal / more powerful. And once you create something, it's easy for other people to find, and there are lots of aggregrate mechanisms to keep good content 'afloat'.

I've created a Market anarchy group:
http://www.youtube.com/group/marketanarchy

By joining it you're already showing the world "I'm a market anarchist, you can be too". And if you make a video you're creating a presence on Youtube and you're helping to grow the cumulative body of knowledge and infotainment.

The amount of hits good content can get, over time, is really amazing. For example I uploaded the Dawkins - Nice Guys Finish First documentary to Google Video last November and it's now nearing 90 thousand views!!
( http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...09038544717701 )

I'm not saying you should move away from 2p2 politics, just that if you want to work on something with more potential impact, then spending some of your energy on Youtube could be good.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: The bigger picture (To ACists)

[ QUOTE ]
I know y'all enjoy the discussion here on 2p2. It's good for training your thinking and discussion skills. But there is a downside: it's a relatively small audience, it's not as personal as it can be, and your efforts tend to get lost in the endless archive.

There's another way: Youtube. The audience is infinite. Audio and video is more personal / more powerful. And once you create something, it's easy for other people to find, and there are lots of aggregrate mechanisms to keep good content 'afloat'.

I've created a Market anarchy group:
http://www.youtube.com/group/marketanarchy

By joining it you're already showing the world "I'm a market anarchist, you can be too". And if you make a video you're creating a presence on Youtube and you're helping to grow the cumulative body of knowledge and infotainment.

The amount of hits good content can get, over time, is really amazing. For example I uploaded the Dawkins - Nice Guys Finish First documentary to Google Video last November and it's now nearing 90 thousand views!!
( http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...09038544717701 )

I'm not saying you should move away from 2p2 politics, just that if you want to work on something with more potential impact, then spending some of your energy on Youtube could be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nielso: Scaring away potential anarchists since 2005!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:15 PM

You should post a hundredth of the content he does.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should post a hundredth of the content he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

That should be considered a good thing. Maybe you should try the same approach, Trolly McTroll.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:23 PM

I think it'd be funny if this thread is only full of people who nielso has on ignore. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2007, 04:15 PM

In a serious note, I've watched some of your videos, and they strike me as nothing but propaganda. At lot of posters here are much much more convincing, or at least present much more developed points.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:24 PM

Old 03-05-2007, 04:29 PM

I think I see why he is looking for greener pastures now. 2+2 is pretty boring when you ignore everyone. Better to use his propoganda on a more naive crowd on youtube.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:34 PM

All it takes is one person in a thread to use <quote>, but I'd guess I am also on ignore.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All it takes is one person in a thread to use <quote>, but I'd guess I am also on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not.
Closed Thread