Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Floor ruling beat...I think

Brag: Last friday at the bellagio, 1000 buyin 60-something player tournament. I'm at the final table with about 1 1/3 average stack.

Beat: Three guys limp for 1200 and this old man who I thought was somewhat decent raises them on the button to 6000 (he has like 30K total). I reraise to 20K with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] from the SB. The old guy gets all excited and says 'call' and flips his black queens over, forgetting that he had 10K back. Dealer says to just continue the hand with his cards faceup. Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Not wanting to slowroll him after getting so lucky, I immediately say 'call' and flip my hand over, forgetting that the other money hasn't gone in the pot yet. We just kind of stare at each other for awhile, while the dealer calls the floor over.

Obviously I want to shove and get him to fold, but the floor tells me that since both our hands are faceup we should treat it as allin and just deal it out. This makes no sense to me, as it's essentialIy penalising me for flipping my hand up, which is just an advantage to the other guy. I start argueing and the floor is listening, but the douchebag dealer starts to deal the turn. I tell him to wait as we're still discussing, but he ignores me and proceeds to flip over two sevens, givng the old man a full house. I look to the floorperson who seems stunned, but then quickly recovers and says that the pot is the old man's and that the decision is final. Old guy finishes me off the next hand with AK > KQ.

Varience: tenth place wasn't supposed to get any money, but just before this hand I had argued that everyone should take 100$ off to give to the 10th place. This was for the benefit of someone else I knew who was at the final table, but it turned out well for me. Oh, and the old guy gave me an extra hundred.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Floor ruling beat...I think

jesus. great bbv post.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously I want to shove and get him to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this old man who I thought was somewhat decent raises them on the button to 6000 I reraise to 20K with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
you're going to have to explain this to me. doesn't a "decent old man" raising 5xBB behind 3 limpers usually have A9s crushed?
Old 02-25-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously I want to shove and get him to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah..wtf?

i guess obviously you have to shove...i mean, what are you going to do check? but you're shoving so he can't see free cards, you don't actually want him to fold.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:01 PM

Well yeah him calling my shove would be nice, I meant shove--->fold is better than being forced to check it down.
Johnny I thought that this guy was 'decent' as in able to raise these weak guys light.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well yeah him calling my shove would be nice, I meant shove--->fold is better than being forced to check it down.
Johnny I thought that this guy was 'decent' as in able to raise these weak guys light.

[/ QUOTE ]

He put in 20 of his 30 preflop and flopped a pair of over cards and you think he was going to fold?
Old 02-25-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He put in 20 of his 30 preflop and flopped a pair of over cards and you think he was going to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe with the cards face up he might!