Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Razz: facing the 2nd to last low card.

Say you are playing 3 handed 100-200, there is $90 in the pot, the board is Q 3 5.

Assuming all opponents play 'optimally':

1. What is the minimum hand the 5 should open with,
2. What is the mimimum hand the 3 should raise with,
3. What is the minium hand (if any) the Q should call with if the 5 opens and the 3 folds?

Just to be clear this is not some annoying Sklansky style ego exercise... I do not know what the answers should be, I am trying to learn from other people's suggestions.

Also I am assuming that in this scenario the 5 should not open-limp (clearly true) and the 3 should never flat-call (much less clearly true but I think correct).

The reason I ask all three questions together is they are closely interconnected, and I believe a ton of razz players would give inconsistent answers to the individual question.

For example if you think the 5 should open with a T or better and the 3 should raise with a 9 or better and the Q should fold everything, you are definitely wrong. (Because given the second two premises the 5 is +EV to open with any hand.)

The ultimate point of this exercise is I am wondering how frequently the second to last low card should steal and secondarily how often the Q should defend.