Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Video: 4-tabling NL $50 6-max (UB)

Finished up my first video, pretty straightforward, a little over 45 minutes long.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LP5EPDRK
Old 02-12-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Video: 4-tabling NL $50 6-max (UB)

I'm expecting a lot from someone going to Cornell [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2007, 02:18 AM

Just finished watching it. Nice job. I was wondering why you weren't able to move up successfully. Bad cards? You seemed very solid.

I dunno, didn't seem like you really had to make any tough decisions there except that JJ hand like you said. I would have let that hand go too btw. I put him on the same range you did if he's as good as you say.

Here's some small things I noticed that you might want to think about:

1. It seemed like you made your CBs too high sometimes on really plain board. One time the flop came A and two blanks rainbow and you fired a CB of $4.50 into a $5.50 pot. That's a little too high IMO. I think a bet of $3.50 and even sometimes $3 gets the job done there.

2. One hand the you 88 and the flop came 2 2 9. You were OOP and checked the flop to the loose PF raiser and called his bet, which was good. But then another blank came off and you checked again on the turn, which he checked behind, too. I think you should bet that turn around 70% of the pot to protect from any overs.

3. I thought you were a little too passive on the button one or two times. Not a big deal but I think it adds up in the long run.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:40 AM

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, NL 100 was rough, I dropped 4 buy-ins on the first night there (bad play and bad cards), then actually did really well. Made up almost all of the 4 buy-ins on the next day, and won steadily for a few days. Beginning of February was just cold as ice though, and I decided to drop back down and rebuild.

C-bets I have been consciously trying to make bigger lately, after watching a few videos. My c-bets were getting called way too frequently before, when I was regularly betting 2/3's or so of the pot. But yeah, I'm probably getting a little carried away at times there while trying to adjust.

Definitely agree with the 88 hand, that's one spot that I've been playing too passively lately.

As far as the button, while re-doing the voice-over I noticed spots where I definitely could have raised. The KJo with the loose-passive limper ahead of me was one in particular that stuck out.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:43 AM

A little off topic, but I take it I have to download the megaupload thing to watch this video?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:49 AM

I've downloaded other people's Megaupload video's without ever downloading the toolbar. I think if you click the link and click stop on your browser before the page redirects you should be OK.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:43 AM

The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable
Old 02-13-2007, 07:57 AM

It works here, just watched it.

You play very solid and doing quite well, you ran a bit hot without to much difficult decisions.

I totally agree with scorpio, you lose alot of value by c-betting to high and seem some-what passive on later streets/blind battles and limped pots. Middle/bottom pair checked to you on flop and turn is an easy bet, don't let them hit for free.

Im curious how high your bankroll and winrate is, mind sharing?
Old 02-13-2007, 12:35 PM

good vid bud
Old 02-13-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. One hand the you 88 and the flop came 2 2 9. You were OOP and checked the flop to the loose PF raiser and called his bet, which was good. But then another blank came off and you checked again on the turn, which he checked behind, too. I think you should bet that turn around 70% of the pot to protect from any overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems silly. We don't have to bet 70% of the pot to protect against overs. 50% is plenty, and may even get stupidly called by overs (which is a good thing). betting purely for protection is a bad idea.