Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Party\'s new foreign exchange rates

Party finally fixed their problem of having too high a rate for deposits and too low a rate for withdrawls. Now they offer a crappy variable rate for both, seems to be about 1%+ off each way, although delayed by a day. I guess withdrawing and depositing through party will now be about the same as doing it through neteller.

I am not impressed.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Party\'s new foreign exchange rates

Living in England and having money in $$$ sure does [censored] suck. I really wish Party was in pounds.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Living in Canada and having money in $$$ sure does [censored] suck. I really wish Party was in Canadian $.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-10-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 02-10-2007, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Living in a box and having no money sure does [censored] suck. I really wish Party leftovers tasted better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-10-2007, 07:06 AM

This thread is improving at an exponential rate...
Old 02-10-2007, 08:46 AM

At the risk of hijacking an extremely useful thread, did anyone notice that party's US>CDN exchange rate is a little higher than it was after last week's bitch+moan thread?

Last week, when ppl noticed it had dropped a bunch, it was 1.168 while the rate on xe.com was 1.182.

Right now it's 1.1703 and rate on xe.com is 1.1726

Gap has narrowed from 1.6 cents to 0.23 cents. Not much, but it's an extra $130 bucks on a 10K withdrawal.

Don't know if it was a conscious decision by party, though, b/c they have stopped replying to my emails altogether about the issue...at first they kept requesting 1-2 more days to sort it out. Now they don't write back at all.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:58 AM

They replied to my final complaining email saying that the rate is controlled by their bank and they have no say over it. There really wasn't much I could argue with about that.

I'm kicking myself for not doing some huge withdrawls when they had it at 1.20

Here's hoping the Canadian dollar plummets some more!
Old 02-10-2007, 11:35 PM

I'm too lazy but can someone copy and paste the email they sent to Party regarding their new CDN exchange rates? I want to complain.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm too lazy but can someone copy and paste the email they sent to Party regarding their new CDN exchange rates? I want to complain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what I wrote them after one of their CS-muppets wrote me back claiming that the "glitch" had been fixed:

Actually, Kamal, I hate to say it, but it does not appear that the issue has been resolved, at least not based on what I am seeing in the cashier's window right now.
For example, if I enter an amount of $1,000 USD, it shows that the "amount to be credited in CA$ would be $1, 168.03
That means that you are using an exchange rate of approx. 1.168 CD$ for every 1 US$

BUT, like I, and several other upset customers have pointed out, THAT IS IS SUBSTANTIALLY LESS than the true exchange rate. Go to www.xe.com and you will see that the true exchange rate is 1.182 and NOT 1.168 that shows up in the Party cashier window.

I, and several other Canadian players, have pointed out that just a few days ago, the exchange rate in the Party cashier was a very favorable one, and that it was reduced 3 or 4 whole cents some time in the last few days. When we wrote in to complain, we were told that it was due to a technical glitch. But now you tell me that the glitch has been resolved, but the EXCHANGE RATE HAS NOT CHANGED. So what, exactly, did you think was the glitch, and how did you think it had been resolved??

Thanks,