Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Gaboonviper

I've received several complaints about this guy from posters of the Leg Forum.

While I haven't seen him do anything ban worthy (it appears to me he's just got a warped sense of reality), figured I'd see what people think.

His post history is all the same stuff, starting a thread that is generally only opinion and seemingly trying to stir up stuff.

Anyone know if he's a previously banned poster?
Old 02-04-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Gaboonviper

Mike left a user note [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I am undecided yet on how to deal with his... National Enquirer journalistic approach to the current situation.

He is raising important but controversial issues for discussion... and the negative spin doesn't help... but the topics are worth discussing.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:30 PM

Lol on the note

I guess that I meant more of if he's another poster on a 2nd account.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:01 AM

Yes he is annoying, and his threads are often written in a yellow journalism kind of way, but his topics are often correct - in fact he has made some bold yet true statements that few others were willing to discuss because so many people have their heads buried in the sand. Perhaps the Leg mods can have a chat with him via PM to set him on the right course, but he also needs the support of you guys so when 10 posters who don't like to hear what he has to say rush out for a ban they know it wont happen as long as he is a productive member of the 2+2 society.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2007, 04:34 PM

Concern has again surfaced about this guy:

ATF Thread
Old 02-15-2007, 04:58 PM

All,

I hadn't read any posts by this guy before. I just went and read a number of his OPs. Most of them, while written in a sensationalist fashion, are almost entirely accurate and have much better analysis of the variables in play in this situation than most any of the other threads I've read in legislation. I quit reading that forum just because most everyone was pretty clueless and had their head in the sand about a lot of things that are reality.

FWIW, I've been posting for a couple of years about what Neteller would end up doing (exactly what they did w/ ending gaming transactions + cooperating w/ government) and how the Neteller ATM card is the worst possible way to go for anyone trying to hide transactions. Most responded to those claims w/, LOL NETELLER FOREIGN LOL at the time. A lot of what this guy says won't happen for a while, but he seems to be pretty much on point in terms of realistic outcomes.

Most would do better to read his posts than the rest of the stuff in that forum.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:22 PM

ElD, you should post this in the ATF thread...

The only point I disagree with, is that the 2 main threads that I have kept going in Legislation, do provide accurate factual information and some informed speculation. I have received an incredible amount of positive feedback from our posters for keeping them alive.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:31 PM

Sniper,

I don't care to be involved in that dialogue, which is why I just posted this here as an opinion to support not banning him.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:23 PM

I'll use this thread rather than create another one to alert people to yet another example of Ding-Dong Yo's flagrant aggression. He mentions gaboonviper during his recent tirade in El Diablo's forum about an interesting thread KKF started and resulted in a fantastic post by El D regarding poker legislation.

About 30 minutes after El D legitimized the thread and wrote his well thought-out response, DDY wrote this:

[ QUOTE ]
How many fuggin places do you need to cross post this?

When you get right down to it, the OP in the original thread TOLD the bank that he was an online gambler after a very routine security check on his account, then they shut him down.

SO STOP WITH THE GOTDAMN TROLLING, MISINFORMATION AND FEARMONGERING, IT IS OUT OF UCKING CONTROL IN THIS FORUM!!!!

OP, you and GaboonViper should be banned. Legislation and zoo trolls are the worst kind because they troll forums where people are actually looking for answers to serious subjects. You are 1,000X worse than any troll in BBV, OOT or EDF and trolling in forums where people are actually discussing issues relating to the continued existence of online poker should result in an INSTA-BAN!!!

Troll BBV/OOT/EDF all you like, but not legislation or the zoo.

Cross-posting in other forums to zoo and legislation topics in an effort to scare and incite = INSTABAN!

Hope I never become a mod, OP.

El D, you should move this crap right back to legislation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny how he says "hope I never become a mod, OP" insinuating that he would decide to perma-ban KKF or something, since he was begging Gildwulf to make him a BBV mod over Adanthar and Nath. And yet he also tells KKF he should "troll BBV all you like." What's wrong with this guy?
Old 02-16-2007, 05:03 PM

PJ... we have fostered an environment, where attacking a poster is acceptable behaviour, rather than simply disagreeing with their thoughts/ideas/opinions.

Until we tackle this issue, it is hard to fault DDY for doing what so many others, some mods included, do on a regular basis.