Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 04:17 AM

Default 2/4 stud8 aces up

no real reads, but villian seems not great. should i slow down on 6th? what do you put villian on?

converter not working for the bringin?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (5.38 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (4.19 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (6.19 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

River - (10.19 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (12.19 BB)
Old 02-06-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: 2/4 stud8 aces up

I'd probably play it the same. It'd be pretty unlikely you're behind for high on 6th so I'd keep firing away like you did.

Stars recently made a change in their HH that makes the convertor not show the BI properly.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:32 AM

You gotta ask yourself if you think 2 bets is worth seeing if he made a scoop with a straight. I think he thought you were going for low, and missed with the K, so he figured he locked up low, and was betting value. Could have hit the inside straight, but there was no way you would know that cos of his board, and the fact that youhave two of the fives. Correct plays on both streets.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:12 AM

I don't think Villain starts w/ 578 (this should be a fold on 3rd, right?), so I call down, assuming this is going to be split.

I put villain on something like A3. You guys are chopping. I guess you also have to bet sixth, since the 4 could've paired him.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:50 PM

You played this hand perfectly. If he had 57 in the hole he should have raised fifth but some people are retarded so slowing down is the right play.

I really have no idea what he's got. Nothing makes sense.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:46 PM

Hey everyone -

What is our play on 6th if our King is replaced with a 7?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:56 PM

You bet 6th, just like Hero did. If Villain still raised you, that'd be messed up. You're showing a 7-low, but villain is then repping 75 & saying he doesn't care.

OP: What did villain have?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:56 PM

I'll say bet and call a raise.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:18 PM

This all looks fine. 75 in the hole makes sense for the other guy, but that doesn't mean I'm folding.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey everyone -

What is our play on 6th if our King is replaced with a 7?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, when I quickly scanned this I thought the OP played the hand fine but his desicion would have been much more interesting if we had caught another low card...I over looked however that our board would be considerably much stronger than it would if we caught a brick on 6th. Not so interesting anymore...