Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 02:54 PM

Default anybody play it like this?

ok the button is a nutjob. hes 88/30 over like 300 hands 6handed. hes not too crazy postflop but he often mindlessly bets when checked to and since hes in every pot i have been checkraising him mercilessly on flops

heres a standard hand. he raises, i 3bet from the blinds and he calls. i flop a good hand and cr and he calls with any 2. i bet the turn and he calls with any 2. i cr the river bc he will bet any 2 and call with like king high.

the bb isnt too smart either tho i havent played with him long. hes like 50/15 so far.

so the crazy button raises, and i 3bet atdd from the sb and the bb caps.

flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

checked to the button who bets (any 2) and i cr. sb calls and button calls.

turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and its checked around.

river is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and its checked to the button who bets and i checkraise.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: anybody play it like this?

Absolutely perfect. Theres no other way to play this hand IMO.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:20 PM

Victor, what does the button's turn check-behind mean? Any read on that? If he "always bets", then checks behind the turn, is that suspicious? That street seems awkward to me. Probably because you broke the flow of the hand after the flop check-raise.

Depending on that read, the river I like a lot. I'm assuming you figure you're ahead of the crazy button often enough, and the BB will fold his AK/AQ to this check-raise?
Old 02-01-2007, 06:30 PM

I guess if he's really THAT crazy... but if he's that crazy he 1) is calling you on the river with 22, and 2) might 3 bet bluff you with nothing (?)
Old 02-01-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess if he's really THAT crazy... but if he's that crazy he 1) is calling you on the river with 22, and 2) might 3 bet bluff you with nothing (?)

[/ QUOTE ]

JDalla...I might be misunderstanding what you're trying to say, but he's not trying to bluff the button who he's often ahead of, but rather trying to make the BB fold a better hand.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:39 PM

depends on how bright the bb is. agaisnt some if you want to show this down you absolutely have to checkraise to get the bb to fold a bigger ace, but against some other (i suspect *a lot* actually) players you can simply just call because they are the types to never overcall with just ace high.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
depends on how bright the bb is. agaisnt some if you want to show this down you absolutely have to checkraise to get the bb to fold a bigger ace, but against some other (i suspect *a lot* actually) players you can simply just call because they are the types to never overcall with just ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought the same thing about BB probably not overcalling a big A, however I think he's pretty likely to overcall with TT (possibly 88?) making c/r a better play in my mind.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:37 AM

well, i thought this hand was kinda cool as i dont think ive ever tried such a coup. couple things, let me reiterate button has actually bet called with rivers with king high so i really think im ahead of him enough. bb is marked with a big ace so obv thats why i cred. cdc is right, if bb was even semi-aware calling is better since most sane ppl wouldnt overcall with ak/aq. or maybe they would if they were expert hand readers.

how many of you would overcall in the bb (had i just called) with ak or aq?

anyway results are that bb folded and button called with ak. pwnt.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

how many of you would overcall in the bb (had i just called) with ak or aq?

[/ QUOTE ]

How many of us would check the flop after you check, then call two on the flop wtih AK or AQ vs that Button?

Rob
Old 02-02-2007, 02:20 AM

just fold flop