Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Whats the most efficient way to import a ton of HH into PT?

Thanks v much.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Whats the most efficient way to import a ton of HH into PT?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks v much.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can really do anything to help speed it up - PT is just painfully inefficient whatever you do.

A year or so ago, I tried to import 900k 6max hands into a PGSQL DB and it took 4 days on a top-end system with RAID drives. Then when it was finished I tried moving it back to my own PC and it was unusably slow.

The fact that splitting the files up makes it go quicker makes me wonder what the heck the parser is doing? Parsing should be O(n)! Then to add insult to injury, somebody wrote an (interpreted) AHK script which seriously outperforms the internal PT file splitter... crazy...

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2007, 01:49 PM

Auto-import a folder. You can import unlimited at once that way.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:19 PM

If your intent is to use the large DB to feed PAHUD/SixthSense only, then check out:
my post on PT forum

If you want to keep all that data available in PT then you could use a variant of the method from that post. The variation would include using the PostgreSQL copy command to dump from a small DB used for imports to the large DB. But, since that is a lot more complicated, I'm not sure that it would save you any time in the end.

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler
Old 02-05-2007, 02:24 PM

Yah Im never gonna open them in PT, just want to feed PA. If you wanna help me out I'm happy to pay ya. Shoot me a PM if interested.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks v much.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can really do anything to help speed it up - PT is just painfully inefficient whatever you do.

A year or so ago, I tried to import 900k 6max hands into a PGSQL DB and it took 4 days on a top-end system with RAID drives. Then when it was finished I tried moving it back to my own PC and it was unusably slow.

The fact that splitting the files up makes it go quicker makes me wonder what the heck the parser is doing? Parsing should be O(n)! Then to add insult to injury, somebody wrote an (interpreted) AHK script which seriously outperforms the internal PT file splitter... crazy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... I have about that much to import. If I actually got them in there, and never opened the actual DB in PT (just accessed it from PA) is it usable? Or does PA chug when looking thru that many HHs.

Also, what about duplicate HHs from my own DB of my play, and the mined DB, when using two DB feeds in PA. Im guessing PA wouldnt be able to tell it was duplicating hands if theyre coming from seperate dbs....
Old 02-05-2007, 02:53 PM

turn auto rate players off and turn auto rate yourself off.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks v much.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

could you write a lightweight, fast program that would import hands to the databases?
Old 02-05-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks v much.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is my experience too. Compacting the pgSQL database everyday helps, but it is usually an overtight job if you want to import say 100k hands a day.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
somebody wrote an (interpreted) AHK script which seriously outperforms the internal PT file splitter

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, stay tuned to this PT forum thread (previously linked by Dazarath)... serious improvements of import speed on the way shortly thanks to PT Pat.

dave.