Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 11:40 PM

Default ING Direct Checking Account

Wow, this looks amazing.

eCheck writing to anyone. Free paper checks mailed by ING. Debit card with free ATM use across the country. And major interest rates. I think it might only be available for current ING Direct account holders, but you can sign up instantly anyway.

Link

[ QUOTE ]
America's first all–electronic, paperless checking account is going to change the way you do your banking. Earn a great rate and get great features like online Free Bill Pay, easy access to cash, an Electric Orange MasterCard® debit card and more – Electric Orange provides the access and convenience of checking with the earning power of savings.

Make money while managing your money.
With Electric Orange, you'll earn high interest on all balances.

Electric Orange Balance Interest Rate APY Effective Date
$0-$49,999.99 3.93% 4.00% 02/17/2007
$50,000.00-$99,999.99 4.94% 5.05% 02/17/2007
$100,000.00 or more 5.18% 5.30% 02/17/2007

For example, if your balance is $55,000, you earn a great 5.05% APY on the entire balance.

MasterCard® Debit Card convenience.
With your Electric Orange MasterCard® Debit Card you can make secure purchases anywhere MasterCard® is accepted – sign the receipt or enter your Card PIN and go.

Free ATM access at more than 32,000 ATM locations.
In addition to worldwide cash access, you can make free withdrawals at ATM locations in all 50 states through the Allpoint™ Network – America's largest Surcharge–Free ATM Network. To find a free ATM near you, check out our ATM locator.

Send money securely for free with Electric Checks.
With Electric Orange, you can send money to an individual's bank account with Electric Checks for free. Simply enter the person's information, the details of the payment, and an email will be sent to the recipient. The person can click on the link within the email to go to a secure page to enter their account information and the money is transferred!

Automatic protection with your Overdraft Line of Credit.
Say goodbye to excessive NSF fees charged by other banks. When you open your Electric Orange, you'll automatically get an Overdraft Line of Credit that's connected right to your Electric Orange and is accessed anytime your balance goes below $0.00. There's no fee to use the line of credit – you'll just pay a competitive interest rate on the money you need to borrow.

Safe, Secure and Smart.
You can rest easy knowing the money in your Electric Orange is FDIC-insured (read more about FDIC insurance). It's also protected by our unique and innovative PIN Guard PIN entry process. Plus, you can set up secure Email Notifications to tell you if a card transaction is over a certain amount, or if your balance drops below a certain level.

Questions? Check out our Electric Orange FAQs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-27-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: ING Direct Checking Account

Emigrant pays 5.05% even if you have a buck in there. WAMU pays 5.00% no minimum and you can keep your money local. Some local banks are even offering as high as 5.25% with small minimums like $5k.

ing = sux
Old 02-27-2007, 12:45 AM

HSBC direct is 5.05% across the board, and 6% for new money until april 30th.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:50 AM

ya F those ing [censored]
Old 02-27-2007, 12:51 AM

HSBC Savings Account has been AWESOME! I love their security features and the ability to transfer money bank to bank quickly and free.

fyc
Old 02-27-2007, 01:00 AM

Are Emigrant's and WAMU's rates on checking accounts or savings accounts? The difference between the two types of accounts is not insignificant.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:15 AM

I have WAMU. It's free checking and a 5% savings account. Transfering money is easy, but it is sort of annoying managing the cash that way. Basically, your spending cash doesn't make any interest because you need to leave it in checking. My auto loan allows me to pay through a savings account, so that's nice, but things like my credit card won't which sucks.

Basically what I do is charge everything I can on a Amex Blue card and keep as much cash as I can in savings and shift the money I need to pay my bills in time. Basically that means that you need to shift money to checking about a day or two before you pay your bills.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are Emigrant's and WAMU's rates on checking accounts or savings accounts? The difference between the two types of accounts is not insignificant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

Granted, the balance requirements are steep, but if you are looking for an interest checking account, ING's looks pretty nice.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Emigrant pays 5.05% even if you have a buck in there. WAMU pays 5.00% no minimum and you can keep your money local. Some local banks are even offering as high as 5.25% with small minimums like $5k.

ing = sux

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, those are great for savings. But 4% for a CHECKING account? Show me where you can get that anywhere else.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:32 AM

Ing checking account with interest=I changed my direct deposit this week.

HSBC better interest but you pay a fee to withdraw.