Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 05:42 AM

Default NL50: Two pair in blind battle

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($47.25)
UTG ($64.80)
Button ($21.90)
SB ($74.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, SB calls $2.

Flop: ($5) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $7.5</font>, Hero calls $3.75.

Turn: ($20) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $37.25</font>, SB calls $7.25.

The flop call was probably ill-advised; I think my judgement was clouded by having seen opponents do some very silly things this session against my c-bets. Is the turn standard?
Old 02-01-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Re: NL50: Two pair in blind battle

The pot is $24 and you raise to $16. I'd put in a little more. Make it $22 or something like that. Call a push. The board is rather dry. So unless he has the dreaded set or a freaky straight, you are probably good.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:23 AM

^^^I agree with this guy^^^
Old 02-01-2007, 01:39 PM

I think you said it yourself, that call on the flop is what got you in trouble. After that, the pot is so big and villain could have all kinds of wierd holdings, but...

I donīt think I have ever seen somebody telegraph his hand like this villain. Check/mini-raise the flop, lead small mini-3bet, if this isnīt the nuts I donīt know what is. But it is hard to get away from on the turn.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:38 PM

I don't think the turn is very standard. What does villain have here? I think it is safe to assume thare are no high PP's he is playing this way. His flop play could be any combo of 6x but his 3 bet on the turn leads me to believe he already has a set/straight/2 pair.

After your turn RR you have shown a lot of strength in this hand and he is still willing to get it in. I think I can find a fold on the turn.

What was your plan with calling the flop on future streets? Were you leading out again if he checked to you on a blank turn?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:13 PM

Previous two guys basically expressed my feelings on this hand without realizing it. The turn raise is bad, since a line of check/minraise small board and then minbet turn either means monster/super scared hand. Once you raise here your going to be potstuck. He'll shove with better and just call with worse some of the time (but other times he'll fold worse). I think he folds too often on the turn here to make this raise good, and I'd prefer to just call and let villian bet the river.

If you've been pretty laggy and crazy lately (ie. me) then I don't mind the turn raise. Its probably slightly thin with a horrible image, but definitely +EV.