Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 11:08 AM

Default HELP in \"HIGH Stakes Live Game!

I am an avid reader of 2+2 and after not sleeping since Sunday nite and I decided to join 2+2 and post.I am a very successful LIVE high NO LIMIT player 10/25 ,25/50,++,and the following drama has unfolded the last month or so.This post may be long and boring but I need some help here,as I have had 5 losing sessions in a row($50k+ total)

I was invited to a "doctor's/lawyers/rich businessmans" private home game with the following specs:
1.EVERYONE(9-10 handed) buys in for $5k exactly w/ 20-40 blinds,and you can re-load another $5k when getting below $2k at anytime.
2.The standard opening bet can be a limped $40 "9 way" pot,OR to my utter shock a 9 way ALL-IN fest on any given hand.
3.They basically can play ANY TWO cards from any posistion,completely irrelevent to posistion,raise/re-raise,stack size, different player respect as they increase/decrease their stack/starting hands,etc..They just dont give hoot,as money is NO OBJECT.If anyone of them gets "STUCK" $10k or more .....UBBER TILT ensues,with the possibilty of them losing $50k EACH a nite.One of them two weeks ago was actually going in on a $5k "BLIND bet without looking at his cards litterally laughing after numerous re-buys stuck almost $75k!!

I consider myself in a "normal" game to be tight/super aggro ,however this game's players starting hand requiremnts are ZILCH,and after losing these past few weeks am pulling my hair out trying to adjust.

90% of the time I am going in WAY ahead(obv."trying to thin the field out w/PREMIUM hands)only to lose to;
a.All-IN pre-flop AA vs KK ($5k)...........case K on turn!!!!!!!
b.Flopped NUT flush................lose to 4s5s FULL House with a rivered 5h.
c.6 way $400 rasied pot w/88's..........FLOP set lost to FLOPPED set of Jacks
c.AcKc over the top $2k raise out of the big blind to be called by 9d9s,,,,,,,5d5h.........AdKd called by ALL ............lose to AK DIAMOND FLUSH
d.And the GRANDADDY of em' all Sunday.......FlOPPED TOP set of Q.s...........lose to Flopped set of 8's...TURNED QUADS!!!!!!!
e.and some other RIVER suckout flush/straigth draws

Without getting into cheating/colusion as I SEE NOTHING of the fact,,,,,,,,,,,what adjustments can I make (i know this 5 week sample is small and about varience issues) ,as I am getting QUITE TIMID with my aggression,as well as my starting hand requirements are becoming MORE higher(as I am afraid of being multi=way raised out of the pot),BUT here are my questions:

1.QUIT...........no F#%$^&ing way??
2.What adjustments to posistion,starting hands,bets,etc.to adjust to the MANIACAL way these guys are playing.
3.Continue to play SOLID/AGGRO and time/varience is on my side
4.If you cant beat em'....join em' and play like a MORON as well(play ANY TWO carsds).....UGH NO!!!!
5.Tighten/Loosen up accordingly??
6.I have had on any given nite NO MORE than 3 buy-ins,so TILT is not an issue

It just seems to be a SLOW BLEED,and one of the most frustrating times in my poker life.....playing with COMPLETE fools with NO reguard for money...........and I cant seem to win a HAND,let alone a session.

SERIOUS responses ONLY!!
Thanks,
Willie

p.s I am absolutly disgusted at the outcome after 5 weeks,(as I NEVER lost this much,this quickly in a particular "invite only" game .ANYONE on this forum would salivate to play in this game BTW
Old 01-31-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: HELP in \"HIGH Stakes Live Game!

heyyyyy change everything to "25 NL" and this kinda post sounds familiar
Closed Thread