Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 01:29 PM

Default top and bottom 2 3rd nut low.

No stats on villain, but he seems pretty laggy thus far.

Absolute Poker
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 12BB
Old 06-02-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: top and bottom 2 3rd nut low.

When I counterfeit my low on the flop and get 2 pair, I wonder about taking it to turn. But if the flop also 2-flushes, I lay it down, pointless. I've missed low, and probably high, no chance to scoop.

Yes, your playing shorthanded, but 4 people saw the flop, the one that stays for HU probably has something.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:04 PM

Nina - Two questions.

(1) Do you give away information about your hand with the pre-flop raise? (You do if you only raise with certain hands, especially if you always raise with these hands).

(2) Why do you three bet the flop?

Buzz
Old 06-02-2007, 06:44 PM

Hate the flop 3 bet against a laggy opponent and I also don't think you have the hand for it.

I do like the turn card, though, because it may have bricked him and brings you closer to a nut hand. But you could very easily be scooped at this time, too, who knows....but HU, I think your hand is big enough to continue with and I would check/call from that point on as well.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nina - Two questions.

(1) Do you give away information about your hand with the pre-flop raise? (You do if you only raise with certain hands, especially if you always raise with these hands).

(2) Why do you three bet the flop?

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

(1) I dont think so. One is that my opponents are loose and bad, so they probably arent paying attention. Second Im getting more money in the pot with a hand with decent scoop potential, which IMO is worth it at the cost of giving away my hand. Third, Ill almost always have a strong low hand here, but even if my opponents know I have A2 or A3 most of the time, they wont know my sidecards.

(2) I thought I had good equity vs his range at the time, but I think it was a mistake. How do you proceed on the flop?
Old 06-03-2007, 01:54 AM

I would have checked the flop, but your initial bet works out fine when you get it heads up. I think you're behind villian's likely range so I don't like the flop 3bet. I like check calling turn and river. If the 3 was a non heart I would definitely lead turn.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you proceed on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Nina - I bet this flop and I call the raise, but I don't three bet it.

Buzz