Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 01:04 AM

Default 2 Hands live in NYC.

This is a 1/2 same at the Fairview club in NYC. Playing like a 5/5 game for the most part with avg. stacks at 400+.

My image: LAG to a tee tonight. I open a wider range than anybody else, and am able to 3-bet more often (though not necessarily a spew). Bought in for $300 (max) and have never slipt below. Worked my stack up to $650 twice and lost all profits on 2 individual hands.

Hand 1: Opponent has $235 (I have $500) and is fairly new to the table. He seems like a standard weak tighty live monkey from my brief time with him. He is in seat 1 while I am in seat 10. Fat ass dealer is in the way of direct views.

Folded to me in MP1 and I raise to $12 with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Dude calls as does BB.

($37) Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. BB checks, I bet $20, dude calls and BB folds.

($77) Turn is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet $50, he shoves for $150 more.

You like my turn bet here? Are you committed to this pot regardless?

Hand 2: BB has been at table for 1 orbit. Has won 2 hands showing 1 with AJo on an AKQJX board. He has $500 and covers.

2 limpers to me, and I raise to $15 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the HJ. All fold to BB who calls as does 1st limper.

($48) Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. BB bets $20, limper folds, I raise to $60 (w/ $150 left). He tanks for a minute and pushes.

Envy my position? Like my line?
Old 01-28-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Re: 2 Hands live in NYC.

i always get owned with 2 pair + FD when money goes in on turn. assume you're generally beat here, because most all semibluffs are unlikely given your holdings (no pair+draws except like 65, and nobody shoves that without diamonds too). If he was gonna get fancy with Ad4d or something, he'd probably do the flop when he had more equity.

so, diamonds are all clean outs. 7's and 5's are probably half-clean. 11 outs, do the math. if its real close lean towards a call, cause gambool and the harrington 10% (less than 10% but concept remains).

second hand, if you leave $150, you gotta call there. line is fine, although maybe raise more since you have to call a shove.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:48 AM

<shrug> both seem pretty standard to me.

Hand 1: Why bet so little on the flop? Turn: You have a strong hand, though not against a weak-tight call/push. If weak-tighty is the type to call with overpairs or TPTK hands on multiple streets, then I like your turn bet. If not, I think you can check the turn. Given your description, his flop call is probably an overpair or set, and turn push is most likely a set. Given the amount of money in the pot, your pot equity, and your laggy image, I pay this off, though I guess it's a little closer than it seemed at first.

Hand 2: Seems fine (as long as you called the push, which I assume you did). Flop raise size is good for setting up a turn push.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:04 PM

Anyone else.........anyone, anyone...