Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Stars HU ethics+Revealing Cards While Players AI

I was plying on stars about an hour ago. I had two very heated HU matches against ation jeff when player "naturalizer" sat in. I asked him to keep it HU, on both tables and he didnt bother answering and just sat in.

I asked jcmoussa not too long ago whether people should respect the request, because personally i dont believe it is fair especially when there arent many games going on. He said yes, and i have always respected HU requests although there are times there werent many games going. And this is why i am even more bothered about this, especially that our battles were extremely heated.

There must be some kind of understanding here, either everyone respects the requests, or no one does. It cant work one way sometimes, and not the rest. What solution do you guys suggest?

The other topic of this post was brought up during one of my sessions with Durr. Everyone on the table thought it is better if cards are exposed during AI as anyway a player can just check hand history afterwards. Just saves time, and also saves quite a few nerves when one is trying to wonder what cards he is trying to avoid on turn or river.

We thought it would be a good idea if we all wrote stars support an email so as they enforce this idea.

Please Chime in...
Old 01-27-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Stars HU ethics+Revealing Cards While Players AI

[ QUOTE ]
I was plying on stars about an hour ago. I had two very heated HU matches against ation jeff when player "naturalizer" sat in. I asked him to keep it HU, on both tables and he didnt bother answering and just sat in.

I asked jcmoussa not too long ago whether people should respect the request, because personally i dont believe it is fair especially when there arent many games going on. He said yes, and i have always respected HU requests although there are times there werent many games going. And this is why i am even more bothered about this, especially that our battles were extremely heated.

There must be some kind of understanding here, either everyone respects the requests, or no one does. It cant work one way sometimes, and not the rest. What solution do you guys suggest?

The other topic of this post was brought up during one of my sessions with Durr. Everyone on the table thought it is better if cards are exposed during AI as anyway a player can just check hand history afterwards. Just saves time, and also saves quite a few nerves when one is trying to wonder what cards he is trying to avoid on turn or river.

We thought it would be a good idea if we all wrote stars support an email so as they enforce this idea.

Please Chime in...

[/ QUOTE ]

When someone says HU, just leave. It's just the polite thing to do. And if the dude won't leave, just sit out until he does.

FWIW this is a huge pain in the ass and I really wish PS had HU tables (or at least private tables like party)
Old 01-27-2007, 08:38 AM

After playing on FT for quite a while now and going back to Stars when FT was down today, I found it to be aggrevating not being able to see exposed cards during an AI. I think it'd be great if Stars somehow implemented that in their software.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:45 AM

i never figured out how to check stars hand history at the table.

About HU: i normally sit out because i want those players to respect me when i am HU. But if i cant find a game all day, and have been waiting and just want to play, will sometimes say f it and just play if i dont know the people. Or if someone is a complete fish, i am not going to listen when some pro lets me know he wants it HU.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:19 AM

Sometimes ppl request hu when there are no other (shorthanded) tables. This happens at all stakes. Very annoying.

Gift of gab was a very good example today when he played genius28 HU. lucky Usla sat in and genius requested hu. Gog just said something like "let the man play".

I really liked that.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Or if someone is a complete fish, i am not going to listen when some pro lets me know he wants it HU.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I'm in HU games with someone new to the level I'm playing, I always get a good laugh every time my opponent keeps typing HU PLZ HU PLZ (even though we never agree to play HU).
Old 01-27-2007, 09:56 AM

only if both players demand it hu should you honor it
Old 01-27-2007, 10:22 AM

If someone requests HU you can ignore them, and should unless both players request it. If you are playing someone and you both want to keep it HU, just sit out if he doesn't comply and move to another table if you can.

Stars does need HU tables at all limits, I don't know if they are worried about chip dumping but it can be done more inconspicously at a SH 6max table.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:44 AM

Guy 1: HU plz
Me: Guy 2 you prefer HU?
Old 01-27-2007, 01:34 PM

exposing the cards like on FTP is dumb, no need to let the whole world know what you had.