Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 07:21 PM

Default better to shove on turn or wait for river to get his chips in?

Villain is 55/0/3.

Have wondered the best way to play this. In this situation do I shove as played, or make a smaller raise on the turn then shove flop?

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.02/$0.04
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $4.96
UTG+1: $4.76
MP1: $4.80
MP2: $7.29
CO: $2
Button: $7.81
Hero: $5.04
BB: $5.14

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.16</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.76, 4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets $1.16</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3.08, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets $0.32</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $3.72</font>, MP2 calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($10.52, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $10.52)
Old 01-26-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: better to shove on turn or wait for river to get his chips in?

"make a smaller raise on the turn then shove flop"

Come again?

Raise this WAY MORE PF. There are a million limpers to you and you are in terrible position. 4xBB + 1 BB / limper would make this 9xBB, I'd make it $0.40 here. As played, BET the flop. Any worse ace is calling here, so just build the pot and stack them. Getting the flop checked through sucks here. Turn is fine, CRAI is a pretty good line here at $4 NL, villain will stack off with a lot you beat.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with K A
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero raises to $0.16, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise this to at least $0.32.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: A J 3 ($0.76, 4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets $1.16, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have the betting lead, you hit gin on the flop, I'm betting this. But I c-bet like 99.9% so if anyone is paying attention my bet is meaningless and the pot is bigger with TPTK in my hand.

I actually really like your line! Check and calldown! Keeps the pot small to lose the least when you're beat, and extracts the most out of hands you beat as they just keep betting, hanging themselfs on every street. Cool.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: 9 ($3.08, 2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.32, Hero raises all-in $3.72, MP2 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!! Where did that come from? You under-represented your hand and don't know where you are, now you're putting on a crai? Looks like FPS to me.

I hope you won anyway, but I think you either lead the flop and try to get it in, or just call down. Meh. $0.02
Old 01-26-2007, 07:58 PM

Obviously testing your observation.. *cough* That should be 'then shove river?'.

My pf raises are getting bigger, but they're never big enough for you! kidding.. I was contemplating a c-r on the flop but I decided against it. Is that a bad line too?
Old 01-26-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was contemplating a c-r on the flop but I decided against it. Is that a bad line too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not horrible. I think it really put a cap on the value you can get from your hand though, compared to b3bai and calling down. Many more hands will just fold (I find c/r are action killers).

Editted to add but I suck so who knows.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF!! Where did that come from? You under-represented your hand and don't know where you are, now you're putting on a crai? Looks like FPS to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Err. I read Tien's guide to 6 max (I know this is FR) but I got carried away with his advice to "RAISE THAT XXXX UP!" So i have taken a more aggressive line. It works well at 6-max and FR I find in the right situation.

I like the advice on c-bet, I have been taking down a lot of small/medium pots in an unraised flop with this line which I think will help the earn rate in the long run.