Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Nice dealer line.

Was at Foxwoods a couple of months ago playing a litle stud. It's a 1-5 game while I'm waiting to get into a higher game

Was in the eight seat talking to an old timer dealing, been there forever and a day by the sound of it.

So there is a grumpy player, been pissing and moaning all day. He gets up to talk with someone who is right next to the table.

Now this guy, say his name is Frank, got pissed off when the dealer didn't deal him in when he was coming back from a bathroom break. The dealer had already dealt a couple cards past his seat and wouldn't back the cards up, rightly so.

So this time the dealer deals him in, since he is standing a couple feet from the table. Frank gets the low card, starts pissing and moaning about how he didn't want to be dealt in, he doesn't have to bring it in, kill the hand etc.

Dealer doesn't put up with it and makes him bring it in without having to call the floor.

So there is a raise and a reraise on third, maybe 3 bet, I forget, but Frank calls them all.

Turns out Frank had pocket 7s, spikes a 7 on fourth as we later find out.

Just calls until an 8 pairs the door on 5th, and another player 3 suits, then Frank goes to war. He is already in third place.

He fills in the river, the 8s were already full on 6th, and 5th 6th 7th streets are capped.

Frank goes nuts. At the dealer. Says he wasn't even supposed to be in, dealer cost him X amount of dollars, he was talking to his friend, he wants the floor. He is literally spitting and basically incoherent.

After a while, the dealer, who never stopped shuffling, leans over and calmly says to Frank,

"Frank, if I knew you were going to play the hand so badly, I never would have dealt you in."
Old 02-03-2007, 05:06 AM

Default Re: Nice dealer line.

owned, awesome
Old 02-03-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if I knew you were going to play the hand so badly, I never would have dealt you in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic. Makes my morning coffee taste that much better!

P [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2007, 05:05 PM

What did Frank do after hearing that? I can't imagine he took that well...

benny
Old 02-03-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What did Frank do after hearing that? I can't imagine he took that well...

benny

[/ QUOTE ]

I had wanted to include that but didn't for two reasons:

1)The line was so good that I wanted to end the post on it, and

2) Rather than flip the table, Frank became (kind of) subdued compared to his ranting from moments ago.

I guess that he is an okay player at small limits; he played fairly well while I was at the table, this hand notwithstanding, and maybe he knew he butchered the hand and didn't want to talk about it.

I suspect the 'bring in' argument tilted him a little, and he was determined to try and win the hand.

Also, there was no way he was going to bully this dealer. He was a pro, and a good dealer. Most of Franks displays had been of the whining, moaning kind, and when push came to shove, Frank blinked first.