Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 10:28 AM

Default NL200 - QQ from the BB on coordinated flop

The flop just looked really bad to me after he called my re-raise preflop. Also, the call of my flop bet (albeit a bit weak) made me think he hit this and wanted me to pay him off with an overpair. I can't imagine this is AJ, but the only thing I can think I'm ahead of is AKd. Villians stats were 20/15 through only 35 hands at the time. One of my friends thought this was terrible. Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
9 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $46.45
UTG+1: $264.55
MP1: $166
MP2: $152.60
MP3: $164.80
CO: $130.85
BTN: $75
SB: $68.25
Hero (BB): $203.9

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3, 9 players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $7</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $6, <font color="red">Hero raises to $28</font>, MP2 calls $21, SB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($63, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>, MP2 calls $30

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($123, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $40</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises all in to $94.60</font>, [i]Hero folds???
Old 01-23-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: NL200 - QQ from the BB on coordinated flop

This isn't the best flop for you but I think you have to lead out, for more though...like $44 or something. If that bet gets called you are probably in trouble.

As played I HATE the $40 turn bet given the size of the pot and the size of villians stack. If you are going to bet just push. This isn't a good spot for bet/fold.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:56 AM

I didn't like the lead bet either, but I don't feel that people come over the top of even weak leads like that with air too much. Maybe with the pot the size it is, I should have called anyway, I just felt I was way behind his range. Maybe check/fold the turn given that read, but that seems even weaker than my weak lead. God, I was so lost this hand. Maybe just call OOP preflop?
Old 01-23-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't like the lead bet either, but I don't feel that people come over the top of even weak leads like that with air too much. Maybe with the pot the size it is, I should have called anyway, I just felt I was way behind his range. Maybe check/fold the turn given that read, but that seems even weaker than my weak lead. God, I was so lost this hand. Maybe just call OOP preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

DO NOT CALL OOP PREFLOP ! If you begin to call with QQ people will know for sure that when you reraise you have AA/KK. When you reraise oop a hand like QQ you are achieving n things :
_ You raise for value has you are way ahead of his range.
_ You can win the pot right know because you have some FE and that's a good result.
_ You have some information about the strengh of the hand of vilain if you get called thus you will be able to make better decision.
_ You gain some fe when you reraise light.
_ You have exactly the same set value/overpair value than if you haven't raised.
_ You rr, fine, that doesn't mean you should win the hand everytime ! Even a player with a PFR of 50% has AA/KK as often as you !

On this particular hand b/f the flop. You cannot c/c the flop because you don't want to play for your stack. Once you get called c/f turn/river. AdKd should have pushed the flop, any other AK/AQ should have fold, KK should call and try to see a cheap showdown. AA/JJ/TT are willing to play for their stack.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:16 AM

Was that you in the hand last night jet?!

Regardless, I agree. Check-folding turn was probably fine, but I suck at doing that with overpairs. At least I laid it down when I thought I was behind, which is an improvement for me.