Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Meeting girls from sports teams

Anyone have success stories with girls from softball/field hockey/b-ball/lacrosse/etc.? Any tips? I'm a Comm. major so I hardly ever see any sports teams members in classes for my major, the majority of student-athletes I do know all seem to be in the Psych/Soc. major. Also would seem sort of hard to make connections since I see student-athletes with student-athletes all the time.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Meeting girls from sports teams

I was hoping this would be about intramural teams b/c that's actually an area I have expertise in! Sadly, just meeting girls in general that happen to be athletes isn't something I can help too much with [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2007, 11:17 AM

Softball?

WTF?
Old 01-23-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have success stories with girls from softball/field hockey/b-ball/lacrosse/etc.? Any tips? I'm a Comm. major so I hardly ever see any sports teams members in classes for my major, the majority of student-athletes I do know all seem to be in the Psych/Soc. major. Also would seem sort of hard to make connections since I see student-athletes with student-athletes all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mike Damone Five Point Plan:

First of all , you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi."

Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it."

Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?"

Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice."

And five, now this is the most important. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

100% guaranteed success rate from this man.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping this would be about intramural teams b/c that's actually an area I have expertise in! Sadly, just meeting girls in general that happen to be athletes isn't something I can help too much with [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do tell about your intramural experiences, I've had the awesome luck that every girl I had on my intramural teams were taken [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2007, 03:44 PM

Burd,

Generally the best way to meet a girl on one of the college's sports teams is to be on one of the sports teams yourself. You are completely correct that most of the time its athlete with athlete. Thats an additional perk I always loved about being in track.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Burd,

Generally the best way to meet a girl on one of the college's sports teams is to be on one of the sports teams yourself. You are completely correct that most of the time its athlete with athlete. Thats an additional perk I always loved about being in track.

[/ QUOTE ]

My freshman year roommates were soccer players, and short of being on the soccer team yourself, there's no better way to meet athlete girls or, really, just hot girls in general.

Failing that, which it sounds like OP does or he wouldn't ask the question, simply going to the games might be enough. Most women's sports are sparsely attended -- although this depends on the size of your school. Where I went to school, I was often one of just a handful of students (and yeah, I'm talking like less than a dozen) in the stands for a women's basketball game, and I know for a fact that the players recognized me from that alone. It's easy to pick out faces when the crowd is small.

You could also get involved with your school paper and write for the sports section.

Once you do end up meeting them and talking to them, don't fawn over them because they are athletes, and make sure you talk about plenty of other things in addition to whatever sport they play. Most of the athletes -- men and women -- I knew in college didn't like when people made a big deal about it. Quite a few of them, in fact, were so sick of their sport that they didn't like to talk about it at all.

-McGee
Old 01-23-2007, 05:38 PM

I dated a girl on a lacrosse team, and am currently dating a track/xc girl. I have never played a collegiate sport.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dated a girl on a lacrosse team, and am currently dating a track/xc girl. I have never played a collegiate sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't mean to say it was a prerequisite. But for whatever reason, OP doesn't seem to think he can meet athlete chicks in the normal course of his college life. Seems odd to me, but whatever.

-McGee
Old 01-23-2007, 11:46 PM

girls that play college sports arent worth the time. they are always busy, and they are extremely territorial about their girlfriends. they spend a lot of time working out, practicing, or at mandatory study time. intramurals are a fantastic way to meet the non fat lazy girls though. everyone plays flag football, and with a little work you can even convince the barbie doll types to run around in the dirt a bit.