Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 04:25 PM

Default 50NL - Fighting Back w/ AT

Villain had raised every hand he could open since it got 3 handed about 10 or so hands ago, & had been very lag before that. He seemed to know what he was doing postflop. This is the second time I had re-raised from the blinds, I had AK the previous time & he folded pf.
Should I fire the second barrel or be done with the hand?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($74.25)
Hero ($63.65)
BB ($30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $5.

Flop: ($14.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, Button calls $8.

Turn: ($30.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: 50NL - Fighting Back w/ AT

lead for 21 and check fold to n e more action
Old 01-17-2007, 04:39 PM

This is a bad turn to lead... you actually have a hand, but no worse hands call... check.... also, that turn is a blank on a DRY flop vs. someone who called your pfrr, this is an expensive and usually futile turn bet... ez check imo

i would make your c-bet a tiny bit bigger.... but i don't think it matters, that's a dry flop, you should be getting a lot of folds, villain probably has a K or a pocket pair
Old 01-17-2007, 04:41 PM

Do you have any reason to believe he would float you in a rr pot? That seems like a risky asumption. Also in my mind that flop is gravy for your rr range, so why would he float here. I think you can separate pf and post flop untill you can really figure out what he is doing post flop. If you really really think he could float the flop I guess you could cc turn. Well of course you could possibly fold out JJ or QQ but that is the only benefit I could see of a bet. I think you can cf turn.