Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 11:28 AM

Default top 2, facing an all-in with players behind

I was Fallsview playing 5/5 NL ($500 buy-in) and this hand made me think if I made the correct decision

Hero has been exceptionally cold, and very little preflop raising has happened. A loud jerk just sat down to my right (LP) who has won 2 monster hands in the past 20 minutes. made a set, and pushed all-in with top pair and a gutshot straight draw. He has a Russian accent and seems to know all the dealers.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
5 limpers, hero calls, Sb and BB check

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG bets 20</font>, EP calls, <font color="red">LP raises all-in for $680</font>, Hero?

He has me covered, I have $505. I had waited patiently for a while. I thought his most likely holdings was a flush draw possibly with a 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or maybe a 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Do we fold and look for a better spot? Considering there are two players still in the hand. My other reads are that UTG is a bit lose and is most likely going to fold. No reads on the early position caller yet.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: top 2, facing an all-in with players behind

easy fold imo. sa/wb situation with 2 players to act.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: top 2, facing an all-in with players behind

we're only really worried about 66 and 79 here. That being said, villain is probably pushing with a lot draw heavy hands that really decrease our chances of winning.

lets think about it though, are most villains going to make a huge overbet of the pot with the nut straight or a strong set? especially if no one else has shown that much strength? (obv UTG bet could be strong, but as of how, I'm not too worried about him. Even if he limped with AA\KK we have him beat)

I would expect pusher to show a pair and a flush draw most of the time- a hand that you beat.
I think it really comes down to be a bankroll question. if losing the 500 is an issue, fold. If you're playing with a pretty solid bank roll-go ahead and embrace the variance.