Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Default j9o in sb

6 handed. 2 unknown callers. i complete in sb. (btw, trying to shore up my blind play- 3/5 structure: what are the worst hands you complete in this situation?? in 2/3 structure i complete all but ubertrash- this okay here, too?). okay, now for the hand:

flop is 579 w/ 2 hearts. bb bets, one call, i checkraise, only bb calls. turn is a blank. bet, call. riv is an offsuit ace. what is my best option? guy is unknown.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: j9o in sb

This is fine in a 3/5. Complete a lot in this structure too. I'd go with ~76o here, any two suited, etc.

Bet the river, call a raise imo.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:10 PM

why would you put in 2 bets on this river? hoping that the guy might bluffraise the ace?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:32 PM

To answer your first question first, then completing here is very standard. In fact with 2 limpers, I think you are getting a good enough price to complete with nearly any two (if not literally any two). In a 2/3 blind structure, I would complete 72o after 2 limpers.

As for the hand, I would check/call the river. There is a lot of possible draws, that might bluff here, plus the ace is a scarecard, and I don't feel confident enough to bet/fold here against an unknown. Sometimes he will be decent enough to fold a weaker pair here as well.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would you put in 2 bets on this river? hoping that the guy might bluffraise the ace?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd put the first bet in because I want him to call me with a myriad of crap. I put the second bet in because I expect to be bluff raised on that card enough to make folding a mistake.

Check calling would make much more sense against a limper than the big blind.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd put the first bet in because I want him to call me with a myriad of crap. I put the second bet in because I expect to be bluff raised on that card enough to make folding a mistake.

Check calling would make much more sense against a limper than the big blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

completely agree
Old 01-12-2007, 04:00 PM

I don't really like the flop check/raise. You are building a big pot out of position with a hand whose equity isn't that great even when ahead. Also, you allow the possibility of the flop checking through, and then you'll be really lost when the turn is the Qs or the 4h.

I'd just bet the flop and take it from there.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like the flop check/raise. You are building a big pot out of position with a hand whose equity isn't that great even when ahead. Also, you allow the possibility of the flop checking through, and then you'll be really lost when the turn is the Qs or the 4h.

I'd just bet the flop and take it from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree again.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:15 PM

I am also betting the flop here. If it were only one limper, I would go for the c/r, as it will usually get checked to him by the blinds, and most players will autobet in that case.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:41 PM

this thought pretty much sums up my thoughts, exactly. you must be a dam good player. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

actually, i normally throw away 27o-29o, but i guess w/ 2 limpers, nothing wrong w/ calling. the postflop analyses was exactly what i was thinking in the hand- but i was not sure whether maybe bet/fold was better (or even bet/call, according to miles. still not positive. probably fairly close.

**also, i have just moved from playing mainly a 2/3 to now a 3/5 structure. do most of you think that 3/5 should be played pretty much the same as 2/3, or more closely to 1/2? (obviously, % wise it's slightly closer to 2/3, but almost in the middle)