Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 02:40 AM

Default New to Draw, preflop guide

Hello,

I've just started playing the 6-max limit 5CD games on stars, and was wondering about appropriate tightness playing 6-max. I've got a limited amount of experience with draw, but it was full-ring and the games were full of maniacs, so the strategy was far different.

I was wondering if a competent player could critique these starting usmy educated guess, which is probably way off in areas, but that's what criticism's for.

UTG and UTG+1 - Raise A's, K's or better, fold everything else. Against a raise, reraise with 2pair+, fold the rest.

CO - Raise A's-Q's, fold everything else. Against a raise, reraise with 2pair+, fold the rest

Button - If no limpers, raise A's-T's, fold the rest. If limpers, call with 8's-J's, raise with Q's+, fold the rest. Against a raise, reraise with 2pair+, fold the rest.

SB - If no raise, limp a 4 flush, any pair, or a 4-straight. Raise Q's+, fold all but 2pair+ to a raise. If no limpers, raise with 8's+.

BB - Raise with QQ+, call for one bet with a 4flush or 4straight if against a raise and 1+ callers (pot odds plus implied should be good here, correct?). Call for one bet with A's or K's, reraise 2pair+.

Any comments/advice/absolute flames appreciated, looking forward to the forum!

Danny
Old 01-11-2007, 04:57 AM

Default Re: New to Draw, preflop guide

Preflop is extremely tricky in this game.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:39 AM

you've got it about right [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
do observe and notarize you opponents, and be prepared to diverge from these standards accordingly. but versus unknowns, what you have listed will get the monies.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:36 PM

You're 4.25:1 against hitting your flush and 4.75:1 against hitting a straight. So why would you complete the SB with those draws with no one in the pot ahead of you? Fold them.

Weisenberg suggests the following, and I have found that it works really well:

With six players at the table and no one in the pot ahead of you:

Raise AA or better UTG.
Add KK UTG+1.
Add QQ and JJ in CO.
Add TT on the button and strong 99.
In the SB, limp-call with AQ through 66, raise with 77 or better.

Those guidelines are if you're playing limit. They're pretty much the same in PL or NL with a few tweaks.

Check Weisenberg's archive at cardplayer.com. He has written some excellent articles on 5CD strategy.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're 4.25:1 against hitting your flush and 4.75:1 against hitting a straight. So why would you complete the SB with those draws with no one in the pot ahead of you? Open-raise them, conti bet regardless

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

Believe OP refers to when nobody has RAISED, i.e. bunch of limpers. Where i'm happy to complete.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're 4.25:1 against hitting your flush and 4.75:1 against hitting a straight. So why would you complete the SB with those draws with no one in the pot ahead of you? Open-raise them, conti bet regardless

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

Believe OP refers to when nobody has RAISED, i.e. bunch of limpers. Where i'm happy to complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP doesn't really specify that, now that I read it again. I interpreted his question for being first in the pot, which was my response.

In limit 5CD: come draws (except for straight-flush draws) in SB, complete only if you have a couple of limpers in ahead of you, otherwise fold. In BB, call one bet if two or more are in before you, otherwise fold. Fold them in all other positions.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:08 PM

or i fyou're me play anyway