Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 09:11 AM

Default How to include Boni into Poker Tracker

Well, since my biggest current achievements seem to be missed value bets and funny river folds, I needed some emotional support and tried to include all my cleared boni into Poker Tracker. Makes it easier to look at my PT-stats... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
From Pats responses in the PT forum, it doesn't seem that there'll be a nice and easy way to do this from his side (not in the near future anyways) and searching on 2+2 didn't really turn up a lot of good either.

So I just made myself a fake hand history that I can import into PT.

[ QUOTE ]
***** Hand History for Game 1000000000 *****
$5 NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, January 9, 12:00:00 ET 2007
Table Bonus (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: P1 ( $10004.90 )
Seat 3: P2 ( $2.29 )
Seat 4: P3 ( $2.92 )
Seat 5: P4 ( $2.55 )
Seat 6: P5 ( $5.59 )
Seat 7: P6 ( $4.05 )
Seat 8: P7 ( $2.06 )
Seat 9: P8 ( $4.16 )
Seat 10: P9 ( $5.85 )
Seat 2: Hero ( $500 )
P3 posts small blind [$0.02].
P4 posts big blind [$0.04].
Hero posts big blind [$0.04].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 2d Ks ]
P5 folds.
P6 folds.
P7 folds.
P8 folds.
P9 folds.
P1 calls [$0.04]
Hero checks.
P2 folds.
P3 folds.
P4 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qc, 6c, 3d ]
P4 checks.
P1 checks.
Hero checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ Kh ]
P4 checks.
P1 bets [$82.00]
Hero calls [$82.00]
P4 folds.
* Dealing River ** [ Ac ]
P1 checks.
Hero checks.
P1 shows [ Qh, 4s ]a pair of Queens.
Hero shows [ 2d, Ks ]a pair of Kings.
Hero wins $164.14 from the main pot with a pair of Kings.

[/ QUOTE ]

(OT: Hell of a value bet, isn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Obviously, you should change the date accordingly, and you have to pay attention that the final pot matches the bets plus PF-limps. In the PT database, I then make a short note on this session about the nature of the bonus (site, amount etc.)
As I don't normally play $5NL, It's very easy to exclude whenever I want to have meaningful stats. But of course, one could also browse the High Stakes NL Forum to find a raw history for $10/$20 NL or so.

Do you guys have other ways to include Bonus Money in the database?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: How to include Boni into Poker Tracker

Do it at a limit you aren't likely to play at so you can filter it out from the rest of your stats. Otherwise it is throwing them off. I kept a separate log of starting and finishing bankroll outside of PT to keep track of that and to make up for closing tables too quickly, which messes up the hand history and threw off the PT total.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:11 PM

I realize you were going for simplicity rather than awesomeness, but if I were going to make a phony HH, I'd make a kickass hand. Like a 5-way all-in where Broadway loses to an Ace-high flush, which loses to a full house, which loses to quads, which loses to a royal.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:36 PM

lol Actually, that was my first try. But then I realized that everything besides HU is getting more and more complex to figure out because I no longer can let villain bet the bonus amount and call that. I'd have to split the bonus money in five, let one bet and everyone call. Well, not too much work but still... Also, I'd have to know the nomenclature of describing the finishing hand, down to the missing space between "]"and "a pair" etc. Ah well...
Also, please explain how a Ace-high flush can loose to a RF... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol Actually, that was my first try. But then I realized that everything besides HU is getting more and more complex to figure out because I no longer can let villain bet the bonus amount and call that. I'd have to split the bonus money in five, let one bet and everyone call. Well, not too much work but still... Also, I'd have to know the nomenclature of describing the finishing hand, down to the missing space between "]"and "a pair" etc. Ah well...
Also, please explain how a Ace-high flush can loose to a RF... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Put the ace on the board and give someone the 9 for a one card flush.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:00 PM

Put in a third J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and third Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] somewhere.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:20 PM

T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2007, 02:23 PM

I'd fear that the combined cyber-tilt of my hypothetical P1 - P5 would crash my 'puter. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]