Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2006, 03:39 AM

Default Who is nestegg1?

I've seen him playing all over, Stars/UB/FTP and is playing Layne Flack HU right now and talking a lot of smack but seems to be a decent player. Anyone know who he is or background, thanks,

Scott
Old 02-21-2006, 03:51 AM

Default Re: Who is nestegg1?

Scott,

nestegg1 and I chatted a lot the other night in a 25/50NL game. I had never seen him before. I made a bigger full house than him after he slowplayed his flopped set and he said I was very lucky. I asked him if he was a pro and he told me that he is one of the best known online players.

I asked him if he had won any tournaments and he said that tournaments were for stupid kids, so I took that as a no. When I mentioned that to him, he said he is one of the best NL cash game players around and makes hundreds of thousands a month. I told him that I had heard of neverwin, mahatma, Johnnybax, sheets, zeejustin, baronzeus, Strassa, stoxtrader, lagerborg, bicyclekick, and many others, but that I had never heard of him. He seemed to get a little mad at that.

I then asked him if he is so awesome how come he doesn't play in the 50/100, 100/200, and 200/400 NL games that go on online, but then he stopped chatting with me. I tried to be helpful and let him know that they have those big games on Prima for guys that are awesome like him, but he didn't seem very interested in conversing with me.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:59 AM

Thanks ElD,

I've never played with him or seen him around too much until lately. Just the curiosity got to me after seeing him rant on and on on the UB 25/50 after getting outflushed and going with about 8 lines of '&$*(#&*(%&#$*(%&*#$(&%' vs Layne-o heads up. I'm sure he appreciated the heads up from ya though, those prima games are so hidden and undiscovered [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Scott
Old 02-21-2006, 06:32 AM

nl pro, muti-table the pokerstars and partypoker tables. guess he's taking on the ub 25/50 now. can't stand getting sucked out on, talks a storm but is usually a squeezer.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:39 AM

taken more than 1m out of online nl games, mostly by putting in disgusting hours multi-tabling across party and stars (10-20). He has game though, pretty similar to gandi if you ask me.

-Jason
Old 02-21-2006, 06:47 AM

Jason,

I told him that I knew you and I told him how awesome you are and that you have been on the pokerstars blog and SI and other stuff, but he was just like WHO THE F IS STRASSA? SOME IDIOT TOURNEY KID? Really showed a lack of respect for his fellow online superstars like you, neverwin, zeejustin, stoxtrader and baronzeus.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:59 AM

One night I repeatedly asked him random asinine questions on Stars $10/$20 when I was bored. He got really annoyed.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:00 AM

i have a gossip soaked story about meeting nestegg1's brother at a 10-25nl home game in jax.

ill post when i get back from work in a few hrs.

el d. should like it.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
taken more than 1m out of online nl games, mostly by putting in disgusting hours multi-tabling across party and stars (10-20). He has game though, pretty similar to gandi if you ask me.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

he'll be the first one to tell you about how much he makes per year too, i think he has some sort of inferiority complex which he tries to overcompensate for, i would like to see him go busto
Old 02-21-2006, 06:27 PM

Not that this really answers the OP's question, but over 10,000 hands on party, I have him winning at 8ptbb/100 (~$32000). And he plays A LOT.